VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got back from a week away with the kids in the Velle and there is a knocking coming from the passenger side rear. I Believe this is the rear shocker.

Now my Velle sits up in the sky somewhere far to high for my liking and turning corners I am lucky my wing mirrors dont kiss the tarmac. It is a 1993 LWB 8 seater and I would like it a lot lower. Now this van carry's 7 of us regularly so i dont need it to be rubbing like the look of a 80mm drop any suggestions on what would be the best set up for this? Currently running 15inch steels and would like to keep them.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
We'll worn shockers has nothing to do with ride height.

But have a read of any of the many what springs threads about what to fit.

But first see what is any rubber spring seat spacers may be fitted.

Spring options are Voughtec/Eilbach/H&R HDs. Shocks Sachs super touring HDs.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
You have the lives of 7 other people in your charge ...... If you have concerns about the handling of your van ... They should not be in it ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the feedback. After reading what you put grey n grumpy. I took the car off the road and got started I have now changed all 4 shocks and both springs and also replaced the front pads while I was there.
The velle is like a completely different bus now.

I was shocked by what I removed from the suspension. Needless to say that I am now amassing a load of parts to get this thing back to where it should be. Then on to where I want it.

As for the springs I ordered a set if 40mm of drop from CMC very impressed so far got a deal on the full package by calling them.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Glad to hear you wer,nt offended by my comments , bud ..!! And I,m pleased to hear that you are now pleased with the result of your efforts to resolve it . Good luck ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts