VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I’ve been in T5s for years so looking for some advise on buying a LWB Crafter to convert, realistically what mileage should I be looking at as a max

I’m thinking of a 2015 upwards

Cheers in advance

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Nafuk

I was really asking advise on Max Mileage to buy, I know it’s a can of worms as it’s down to cost

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Steve,

I guess the advice as always would be service history and condition of vehicle overall. If if feels/looks tatty and rough then it’s probably been driven in a similar fashion. Also, not all mileages are the same. A courier van will be spending all day stopping and starting, up and down the gearbox and on and off brakes. A lot harder mechanically than a motorway cruiser. A towing rig may have been worked harder.

Try and find who or which company had it before, it may give an insight.

I spent over a year looking for mine, after looking at a few you soon get a feel for the nice tight running gear or sloppy rolly ones especially with the biggest models.

Low mileage ones that have been cared for are out there, but definitely in a minority at that age and the good ones sell quickly.
I managed to pick up a 2015 with 35k on the clock. I was able to research the owner and it had been a national events company so one or 2 long trips a week with rests in between at events. Regularly check the websites, mine hadn’t even had photos taken when I spotted it and I was at the VW delearship next morning.

Good luck, they are awesome beasties.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Mudybaldguy

Sounds like great advise, I thought I was going mad, but knowing it took you so long ?

I just need to sell my T5.1 Shuttle and a 71 Bay

Cheers

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts