VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my van back in august last year, i needed a van for work but had also been looking into getting a T4 for converting into a day van/camper. I tralled ebay and eventually this little gem came up. A 1994 LWB white T4 with 163000 on the clock. I went all the way to Worthing near Brighton on the train from Penzance on a sunday mornig with cash in hand ready to drive it all the way back and it got me all the way back without any trouble.

Here it is next to my bussines partners van.

I started working from it straight away but i changed the front indicators for clear one with smoked bulbs and i sprayed the badges blue. I didnt have any spare cash as i had just set up the bussines but these were the cheapest things i could do to put a small mark on the van now it was mine.

Since then i havent done a great deal. I had the cambelt changed as i didnt know when it had last been done, also the clutch started slipping really bad but not smelling at all so i had that changed. Most recently i have changed the radiator my self and put a new expantion tank in. Its surpriseing how much the new tank cleans up the look under the bonnet.

I was on a job the other week and the van would not start, luckily i new the customer well so it was not to embarrising. The starter motor had gone, so after 2 days of parking on hills for every job we went on i fitted a new one.

I have started on the interior by taking out the old ply and insulation and then putting flashing tape on the panles to reduce noise.

Its a bit premature but i have been cleaning up and retopping a camping table for the back.

I tryed to put primer straight on to the skim board that im using as the table top but the varnish wouldnt let it stick so i sanded the varnish and the old graphics off. I also got my little girl involved.

The bussiness is doing well and i have some money to put into the van so im hopeing that things will move alot faster now. We have tickets for vanwest so i have a goal and a deadline.

Getting some foil/bubble wrap type insulation tomorrow so ill put up more pics soon.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nice work mate good to see it coming along A:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took down the roof lining of my cab, it came down more easily than expected.

Dirty old thing

I pealed off the origional fabric top layer. This also came off quite easy.

I found quite a big crack in the roof panel, it's quite flimsy so you have to handle with care. I fixed the crack with silver tape. Don't know if it's the best thing to use but it seemed to do the job.

I then proceeded to carpet the lining panel, then I ran out of spray glue so will now have to finish it off tomorrow :mad: never mind LOL:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts