VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The van is going in this weekend for a elevating roof,and I am part way through pulling out the cupboards and rock and roll bed. The conversion was done some time ago and has started to look abit dated so going for a total new conversion inside with a new style rock and roll bed more compact,as the last one was only a 2 piece rock and roll with a big board behind it and took up alot of room when in the seating position.
So I am looking for some new ideas,anything will help,thanks......

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi when i carry out conversions on vans i sometimes make my own rock n roll bed out of timber frame and plywood for the bedding panels as some of the metal framed beds that you can buy tend to be quite wide which means that there is not much space for cupbords next to the bed. The advantage of this is that i can make it any width and length that i want so it does not take up too much space and it works fine. I guess that the only disadvantage of a wooden framed rock n roll bed is that you cannot attach seat belts directly to the bed as this would not be safe. I hope that this helps.

Steven
Westcountry Campervans

1 - 2 of 2 Posts