VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know this stuff pops up repeatedly but im having trouble getting exactly the info i want,
i have a 1998 r reg lwb van it has 15" alloys, and carries two mazda bongo slliding seats and a fridge and hob in the rear, not an all lout camper units conversion but more a camper when it needs to be and a people lugger when suites,
it carries most of the time me the mrs and two young kids although occationaly anouther two or three aduts/kids,
what i am trying to find out is what ride height i can take it down to without causing it to ride the bump stops constantly, looking around i like 60mm ish but the overall apperarance of 60mm varies wildly depending on what van it on (some with the 60 springs look higher than others with the 6o kit)
2nd was thinking of 50 mm avos to do this with a shim for the extra 10 just incase its too low are these any good or could i even get away with those gmax things
3rd and one of the most important does any one know where near gatwick or edenbridge there is a GOOD place to set tthe camber and tracking up
cheers

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am on 50mm avos and have the front about 15 mm lower than the back and the ride is fine but on undulating roads i do hit bump stops quite alot, but that could be the roads up ere in cumbria, recently went to wales and had the van loaded with bikes beer and camping gear plus two heavy lads and ride height didnt change alot maybe 20mm at the back but then thats swb. (ps i have standard shocks) Hopefully one fine day when i can afford uprated shocks I will stop hitting bump stops :ILU: Hope that helps a little

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers does any one know of the camber adjustment places near edenbridge, there is a place in tunridge wells called martins volks werks has any one any experiance of them and would they do this kind of thing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts