VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday guys

This is my T4 lwb 2.5L petrol...

I got it as a rusted out non-roadworthy ex- delivery van in Sydney, Australia.

Got it registered, got some mechanicals done, drove it round for surf trips, parts delivery (family own a auto-bodywork business) and treated it like the rat it was...albeit not slammed yet.

Then we cut out all the rust, new bonnet, rubbers, painted bumpers, new tyres, new aerial, new wipers, new breaks, got it mechanically sound and resprayed it satin dark grey/charcoal sort of colour you see below. Also shaved the rear emblem hole and rear wiper.

Just put -60mm springs in it and have not loaded its usual 200kgs+ weight in the rear. Front torsion is about 20mm lowered on the thread, about the same left too.

Will post more pics as the springs settle in with the weight.

Thanks for the informative forum too, it is a good read in those archives.

The van as of tonight. New springs, tyres, painted wheels.

Watch this space for smal tweaks to my van!

:ILU:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good where did the white wall tyres go :* thought they looked good
Yes i agree, loved them! But i have two reasons-

1. They were inserts and could not take the weight of the van i guess, i kept shredding them off at speed
2. You can not use them on new tyres as the oils breach through and make the white go very brown!

I will get some painted on (professionally) in a few months after some kms on the tyres.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
There's a chap over here called "mr whitewalls" who cuts out the black side wall and replaces it with white rubber. Think it's a process called "vulcanising" (no, nothing to do with Spock on star trek :))

Maybe you have someone simalar over there :*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a chap over here called "mr whitewalls" who cuts out the black side wall and replaces it with white rubber. Think it's a process called "vulcanising" (no, nothing to do with Spock on star trek :))

Maybe you have someone simalar over there :*
Yeah there is one company in particular who do a mobile service over here, and yes they are a similar service- cutting into the wall and inserting a coloured line...that is who i will use i think.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Looks good dude - need that whitewall action on mine:D

·
MASTER OF REPAIRS
295 Posts
Wow, now i know what my white lwb baby will look like when i spray her satin black.
is ti standard rims and tyres?
Like the company logo too, might go for something like that. Fancy some advertising in the UK too,
:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts