VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get nervous and procrastinate about taking their van in or a M.O.T

Finally took mine today got the 2 new tyres it needed and the exhaust repaired by the cat

And it flew through :D :jmpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had mine tested this morning, passed with no advisories.
Tester had difficulty accepting the emissions , couldn't believe reading was so low !!
He suspected leaky exhaust, but found it to be ok.

1994, 2.4D, auto, lwb, high top, 114 k

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine passed yesterday with one advisory. Always worrys me mot time. Hate it. In the 5 years ive owned my t4 its never failed, but I do stay on top with it, any problems are put right asap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Did mine a couple of weeks ago. 2000 Caravelle, owned six months. 137500 miles, with little history since 100k, I was a little worried about emissions and prevaricated so much that MoT had actually expired by the time I got around to booking it in! Also, with it being a cheap voucher deal I wondered if they might try and find some work to do on it?

Turned out I shouldn't have worried, it was all good (including the coffee as I waited). A couple of advisories:-
1.Amber brake wear light - discussed with tester beforehand as I know some dash warning lights are now a fail. I'd checked fronts / replaced rears & found that one sensor was missing, one corroded. Not worth getting new - tester was helpful, gave me directions for a local VW breakers.
2. Engine covers obstructing. New as of last year? Ironic, given that the main undertray isn't fitted.

Derby ATS will get my business next year T:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Hi guys
Why should anyone be worried if it fails fix it no probs MY 91 goes through every year but the tester is my mate of 28 years
good luck

·
Registered
805 Posts
Had mine tested this morning, passed with no advisories.
Tester had difficulty accepting the emissions , couldn't believe reading was so low !!
He suspected leaky exhaust, but found it to be ok.

1994, 2.4D, auto, lwb, high top, 114 k
same with my 1994 2.4d this morning:DA:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts