VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last few weeks I've noticed that when accelerating up through the gears as I go back onto the accelerator to put the power on I get a momentary lag, just a split second but enough to be noticeable.
I've changed the air filter and checked for any splits in turbo and intercooler hoses but all look okay, it was serviced (by VW) a few months back so isn't due a service. It doesn't over-rev when changing up or down the 'box and drives normally in every other respect so would I be right in thinking it could be the MAF?

If so has anybody got any recommendations of suppliers or other things to try first?

It's a 2008 1.9 T28 with 110k on the clock.

Cheers

·
Registered
711 Posts
Over the last few weeks I've noticed that when accelerating up through the gears as I go back onto the accelerator to put the power on I get a momentary lag, just a split second but enough to be noticeable.
I've changed the air filter and checked for any splits in turbo and intercooler hoses but all look okay, it was serviced (by VW) a few months back so isn't due a service. It doesn't over-rev when changing up or down the 'box and drives normally in every other respect so would I be right in thinking it could be the MAF?

If so has anybody got any recommendations of suppliers or other things to try first?

It's a 2008 1.9 T28 with 110k on the clock.

Cheers
Could be the turbo waste gate or the vane actuator. Any decent garage can do a reasonably quick and inexpensive fault diagnosis to check for these. Unfortunately on my 06 2.5 it needed a new turbo. Hope yours isn't as drastic.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be the turbo waste gate or the vane actuator. Any decent garage can do a reasonably quick and inexpensive fault diagnosis to check for these. Unfortunately on my 06 2.5 it needed a new turbo. Hope yours isn't as drastic.
Cheers for that, I'll have to check it out, hopefully it's not the turbo!

Is it always best to buy a genuine MAF as I keep hearing conflicting advice regarding aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Don't be too quick to blame the MAF either. Diagnosis is the key, it could even be the clutch pedal switch!
ASR also gives this hesitancy while trying to stop your wheels spinning :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts