VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all again and thanks to meatball, meatball said to unplug maff sensor and see if any different when driving so i've done that and it only seems a tad slower which could be headwind, so would there be a noticeable difference in speeds and rpm??? before i buy a maff sensor plus how much is it for one of these?. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bit the bullet and ordered a new maf sensor!!, it said they can go wrong every 40.000 miles causing van to stutter or go sluggish, i really hope this helps, fingers crossed.:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
sorry if this has already being said or done but have you tried disconecting the cat it could be colapsed and strangleing the engine*<:)>

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry if this has already being said or done but have you tried disconecting the cat it could be colapsed and strangleing the engine*<:)>
Hi, someone had said that but i took it that involves taking the exaust off doesn't it??, i have cleaned out egr and blanked off today, just ruling different things out. cheers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cant you get it plugged in to vagcom to show any error codes before spending your hard earned?
Hi, i managed to get the sensor off fleabay for 40quid so thought it might need doing anyway plus prob about same with vagcom is it?. cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would very strongly recommend only to use genuine sensors. Bosch or VW parts from a Bosch or VW dealer. Be weary of what looks like genuine parts from other suppliers too. A VERY big, very well known European Parts supplier recently got busted for selling 'Genuine BMW' boxed parts that were all copied in China, boxes, labels the lot....

The Bosch ones are only seventy quid or so and it will last longer that the five minutes the cheap Chinese rubbish does, not to mention it will work right to begin with.

The number of hours I've wasted chasing problems that ended up being poorly made, out of calibration 'new' sensors is not funny.

I won't fit anything but genuine stuff, from a proper supplier. It's always cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all, update to maf sensor, i was bored today waiting for new maf sensor to arrive so thought i would check around air filter and make sure no blockages to air flow, so stripped air flow meter and cleaned the wires inside with contact cleaner and some carb cleaner while waiting for new one to arrive, put back together and OMG what a difference, it goes straight up the revs and actually screeched going in to second gear, wheelspin that is lol, am pleased to say it is tonnes better than it has been, so thanks meatball for pointing in right direction, just wondering if i should decat aswell hummmm decisions decisions. Anyway thanks all.A:A:A:

·
Premium Member
4,760 Posts
Hi all, update to maf sensor, i was bored today waiting for new maf sensor to arrive so thought i would check around air filter and make sure no blockages to air flow, so stripped air flow meter and cleaned the wires inside with contact cleaner and some carb cleaner while waiting for new one to arrive, put back together and OMG what a difference, it goes straight up the revs and actually screeched going in to second gear, wheelspin that is lol, am pleased to say it is tonnes better than it has been, so thanks meatball for pointing in right direction, just wondering if i should decat aswell hummmm decisions decisions. Anyway thanks all.A:A:A:
The Bosch ones THE BEST HI WHERE YOU LIVE BUDDY GOT A READER TO CHECK FOR CODES I LIVE NORTH EAST DURHAM ANY:) GOOD

·
Registered
606 Posts
Could anyone please post a link or PM me information where I can get a genuine Bosch MAF sensor for around £70 please?.

I don't fancy getting a cheap one from the bay that might not last.

Thank You

1 - 12 of 12 Posts