VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this forum has been a massive source of help for me since I’ve had my van and just hope someone can point me in the right direction again or to a decent mobile electrician in the Fareham, Hampshire area!

I’ve a 2008 T5 174 t30. It has aftermarket headlights - I think they’re the Audi style where the side lights are leds running round the bottom and up the side, and indicators are also led. Sorry no idea what model they actually are as they were on the van when I got it.

All the bulbs/leds both sides worked fine, but coming back from a drive recently I noticed the pax side main beam bulb was out. Simple I thought and tried a brand new bulb. No joy, so tried another one. Still nothing, so checked the voltage on the connectors (while the ignition and switch was on of course 🙂) and nothing. Tried to trace it back to the van loom connector and I’m still not getting a reading. By this time I’ve double checked my multimeter and it’s ok with a domestic 1.5v AA!
All the other lights on that side are fine, so high beam, indicators and side lights. So power must be there.

The drivers side is all ok, so I figure it’s not a fuse thing? Nothing else has been done to the van either.
So....what else should/can I check? 😊
Thanks all!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh crikey! I didn’t realise they were separate. Brilliant thanks for that, and the link. I’ll have a look first thing tomorrow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed it! Oddly it was fuse 4 in the main fuse box that had gone. Which I think is the headlight adjustment which I didn’t think these ones had. The other headlight fuses were all ok. Thanks again for the info. And reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts