VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22

fork mounts are the only way to go

(excuse the mess, van has been used as a makeshit shed since lockdown)
Neat,馃憤 is that on a slider?
Hopefully if I get the time I will order some angle iron and heavy duty sliders.
That's if I can dig out my welder......my garage has taken a hit with the lockdown as well!

Registered
Neat,馃憤 is that on a slider?
Hopefully if I get the time I will order some angle iron and heavy duty sliders.
That's if I can dig out my welder......my garage has taken a hit with the lockdown as well!
kinda, a slider without the sliding bit. the bit with the fork mount on it has a lock on the end which locks into the channel in the metal work, so i can move it around as i want.

i love the slider idea though, saving that for when i eventually own something bigger

Registered
Which fork mount is it Gav ?
Our van is also full of crapp at this time 馃 .
it's a brand called treefrog, available through amazon, not that cheap but doesn't seem like any of them are! i bought a bunch of different ones which all turned out to be wrong (boost/non boost/quick release vs thru axle etc) because i clearly don't know much about my bike. heading up to work next week to grab my old cube (read: spend 3 days riding peaslake) which i'm going to turn into a kiddy carrying road bike so going to have to suss out how to safely carry 2 bikes at the same time, while being able to fit a dog in the back!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts