VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys i thought i would tell you of my breakdown the other day so it doesn't happen to you,
I was on a long journey when my oil and battery light came on so i pulled over , and found that my alternator belt had come off, which also drives the water pump, so a call to the RAC entailed, he discovered that the alternator was loose and out of alignment, he said it had been like it for awhile as the top bolt has a lot of thread stripped and the hole for the bolt was no longer a nice round one but was now oblong shape due to the movement of the alternator,
so he temporarilly fix it to get me home, but i now face finding a new bracket i have trawled all my local breakers but no joy, yet.

Moral of the story if i had checked the bolts regularly it wouldn't have happened.

So i am now going to post in the wanted section to seeif anyone has the part i am looking for, i have a 1996 1.9 td (abl engine) and it is the cast alloy bracket which bolts to the engine with 4 bolts i think ,then the alt fixes to that ,

cheers all
alfie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any advice where i might find one, or is there another car passat etc that might be the same thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have found one at ipswich whichn is about 1 1/2 hr away from me, and they want £70 seems excessive to me,
the rac man said it might be possible to weld something to it, is this worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts