·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for my english.

My VW T5 customization not global with some reasons:
1) time to time I'm use my T5 in ordinary life, not only like a camper
and
2) I'm living in flat, not in my own house, and I have no some garage constantly
from this two points, I can't use any "Camping boxes" (i.e. https://www.reimo.com/de/G-campingbus_ausbau/GH-campingboxen/)

3) I wont global rebuilding because my T5 is not cargo furgon (is 7-places bus) and global remaking can cause need for recertification

4) since 2008 year I'm practice in RV living but I can't sleep not in a hotel more than two nights in a row

As result my rules was a small rebuilding as possible and a compact storage of camper's accessories as possible while T5 is not in camper stage.

But will be many electronic assistants in my camper.
Now in my camper works: the ventilation fan powered depends on CO2 concentration, the internet Wi-Fi extender, the microclimate sensor, the media center with small LCD panel, the attitude indicator for leveling on wedges.

In nearest plans will be added the windshield display of the real horizont for decreases probability of motion sickness (what important for me) and outdoor wifi antennas will be added.

This is 7-seats VW T5 bus

Sheathings was removed to arrange noise insulation, for wiring and for vibration isolation
Audio amplifier and 220V inverter was placed under sheathing faced to sliding door

Service battery can be taken out of the cabin and can be charged in a cozy place
This battery services few 12V sockets in the cabin, few ceil lamps, the media center...

... and 220V inverter, for it the circuit breaker was installed. The inverter serves few 220V sockets in the cabin

The main element of living in camper is the ventilation. In my case the ventilation fan powered on/off depends on CO2 concentration
The ventilation fan makes flow to the native T5 ventilation valve

The bed packed on the 3'rd row of seats while day journey

For night, the bed folds out in few steps... Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 6

Step 7. No more 4 minutes for all operations

This mosquito net was made by chance...

...but she turned out very cozy

Ok... Ventilation, electricity, bed, entertainment, no mosquitoes... what next...
The utility compartment in stowed configuration
Here, as typically, shower, wc, white water, gray water, gas stove

In night configuration, access to the utility compartment from the bed, inside T5
No need to go out

The shower organized behind the curtains under T5 rear door

That's main elements. And some assistants installed now:
The microclimate sensor

The attitude indicator for leveling on wedges

All this did not require changes in the construction of the bus. There is a place for two children. Was reserved places for two electric scooters

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congratulations. It looks good and seems extremely functional. It's probably the best example I've seen of a truly multi-purpose vehicle.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Welcome W:
A very different to approach to most of the conversions we see on here but well done A:

Have you slept in it many times ?

Most importantly is it comfortable?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Have you slept in it many times ?

Most importantly is it comfortable?
Thank you!

About every third night we sleep on this bus. Usually at a hotel. We sleep in it or if the hotel turned out to be bad (in principle, this was the main reason for such an alteration), or the place is very interesting and we do not want to leave it longer.
Probably near ten times we slept in it in its current configuration.
We like to sleep in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts