VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help me i snapped the choke lever with my knee on my 1997 t4. Cant see how to remove the old bit,and how to fit a new one if i can get one. maybe someone can give me some tips, the old girl doesn't like starting without it,

Cheers chris

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you snapped the handle off?
I did in mine stuck in on with the twin araldite glue meythcyanate (sp)
Left to cure been right as rain since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply.

Yea snapped it of, right at the hilt and it has sucked its way back in if you know what i meen.

do you know where can i get the glue from, prob worth a go to start.

Cheers

chris

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi mate.

I bought my van with the handle missing. I bought a complete cable with handle from the forum for £10. Just changed the handle over which is clipped on.

B&Q/ halfords etc for some aradite type glue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mate.

I bought my van with the handle missing. I bought a complete cable with handle from the forum for £10. Just changed the handle over which is clipped on.

B&Q/ halfords etc for some aradite type glue.
thanks for that.

Did you have to take any of the intiror appart for that?

Mine has snapped and gone back in to the little round bit that you can screw of, the clip and plsatic shaft bit is still on the handle witch is all snapped of.

Sorry dont nkow if this makes any sence, bascialy just wondering if i can take anything appart to gret to the broken bit, allowing me to attach a new handle,

thanks mate

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
350 Posts
thanks for that.

Did you have to take any of the intiror appart for that?

Mine has snapped and gone back in to the little round bit that you can screw of, the clip and plsatic shaft bit is still on the handle witch is all snapped of.

Sorry dont nkow if this makes any sence, bascialy just wondering if i can take anything appart to gret to the broken bit, allowing me to attach a new handle,

thanks mate

Any help much appreciated.
fortunatly i didnt have to taek anything apart. Whoever broke mine before i had put a small nut and bolt through it to create a t handle so it could be pulled out.

You would probably have to take some trim off if youve lost the cable behind the dash. Like said pull it back through

My van doesnt need it to start

1 - 8 of 8 Posts