VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it sound right that a v reg 1999 1.9td
Would come with manual choke?
I can't remember the last time I've seen a manual choke so was surprised to see one on 99 t4 that I'm looking to buy.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Does it sound right that a v reg 1999 1.9td
Would come with manual choke?
I can't remember the last time I've seen a manual choke so was surprised to see one on 99 t4 that I'm looking to buy.
yep mine has one to cold start ashe just said very rare i use mine unless its brass monkeys outside and mine is a 2001 19TD

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use mine when it's cold for a few minutes, they are standard but not sure if or when they stopped fitting them in T4's

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
yep mine has one to cold start ashe just said very rare i use mine unless its brass monkeys outside and mine is a 2001 19TD
and the manual says use it all the time unless it is very cold where it should only be used after the engine has started.

they are present on all T4 with mechnical injection. TDi dont have them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I use mine for about 10 secs from stone cold in the morning or the engine sounds like a bag of spanners. Push it in 10secs after starting and away we go...

'96 Nreg 1.9d

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I use mine for about 10 secs from stone cold in the morning or the engine sounds like a bag of spanners. Push it in 10secs after starting and away we go...

'96 Nreg 1.9d
+1, that's what I do. Although I do need a better battery, mines not man enough!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts