VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I'm thinking of installing central locking asap after getting the van as its so annoying when i'm carrying passengers front and back and having to go round locking all the doors individually. Anyway, i've seen a 4 door kit in Maplin. Anyone know if these are any good? Obviously i suspect i'll have to modify a few things like brakets etc to fit properly.

Kit is £24.99.

Cheers,
Markus :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
if you do buy the specific rods from vw dealer as it makes fitting so much easier, you don't have to have bent bits of rod everywhere

I fitted a kit from a supplier of T4 bits last year, was ok for a bit then started locking/unlocking itself whenever it wanted, locked it up in town came back and it was unlocked, didn't trust it and disconnected it, went back to normal manual locks

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I've fitted the Maplin kits to a few older vans with out problem, however you'll spend forever on it if you don't get the right rods and clips. The quality of the maplin kits and in particular the wiring is not great but as they say you get what you pay for.

I supply and fit MES Central locking kits, not the cheapest but by far the best quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts