VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for sale one week only and only very near offers considered due to being offered a car i'd like to buy .

04 plate with private plate resprayed audi jazz brown t5 174ps panel van . years mot and 6 months tax . milege is 129k and i have a service printout which i can't make head nor tail of :confused: it has e/w , c/l and a cd player as well as a towbar . no aircon though .

i do have a receipt for over 2k for a head rebuild in november though and i have just had an intercooler , front antioll bar droplinks , waterpump , clutch and gear linkage fitted 4 weeks ago .

i've also had 80mm lowered springs fitted and a set miglia mille 22" alloys and load rated 265/30/22 tyres fitted , which are still unmarked and perfect condition . absolutely no rubbing unless on full lock , which catches the inner plastic wheel arch liner . plenty of room to come down lower , i had planned on fitting air ride .
standard wheels and springs are included in the sale .

few bad bits , i'm going to honest as i know whats its like to travel to see a motor that is not as its been described , probably makes it sound a lot worse than it is . i've had a fair few people tell me how good it looks .

bonnet has a round outline where the signwriting was removed taking the lacquer with it , this ridge can be seen in the paint if looking from the right angle . will need respraying , 3 litres of paint supplied with van .

drivers door has marks in the paint and a couple of ripples , so as above would need respraying

couple of other small dents about the van , most could be done by the paintless dent man apart from one on the sliding door which would require a skim of filler .

front antiroll bar bushes could do with changing

inside needs a good clean , mostly dusty rather than real grime where i've been using it for work .

central locking has decided it does not want to unlock yesterday , locks fine though :confused:

ride is pretty harsh , although i suspect most of you will expect that with the ride height and 30 series tyres !

think thats it , as i say my description probably makes it sound worse than it is but i'd rather not have anybody turning up to look at what they think is going to an immaculate van T:

i need around 8.5k ovno to be able to afford the car i want , if you don't want the wheels i can knock of a grand as my mate will have them . i can also put it back on standard springs if you want for £200 less .

steve

·
Registered
917 Posts
I aint down with T5's at all...but that's the best I've seen, sweet colour and sits just right on those rims.

(and I love Marmite)

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah really nice van, looks sweet on those rims really cool but unfortunately i dont have that sort of money. have vw beetle and a vw t4 so id have to sell one to get your van and my misses would rip my gear knob off.

good luck though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the kind comments , not fussed on selling as i'd like to finish her properly but the car i've been offered at the price i've been offered s to good to miss !

steve

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
...it's a good looking van, but IMHO it's quite expensive for one with that mileage (knowing that T5s haven't proved to be as reliable as T4s with similar miles) and a service history that kind of isn't... :eek:

Anyone wanting to convert is going to need to add all the windows, may prefer a tailgate, and might wonder what else has to be done to the mechanicals, seeing as you've had to do/spend quite a lot to it already. Plus apparently, there a credit crunch I:

I love the colour though - congratulations on being bold and different, and good luck with your sale T:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fair point i suppose , regarding the milege and history and credit crunch

although its had a quite a bit done to be fair , waterpump , clutch , intercooler , gear linkage , head rebuild are all pretty common faults according to the guy that did the work .

springs are brand new , tyres and wheels are brand new , theres not much more that could go wrong with it thats going to cost big money , a bottom end failure , gearbox or turbo going ? which all seem fine .

although to try speed things up because i only have till the end of the this weekend to raise the cash for the other car i'll revise the price to £7750 cash absolutely nothing less or i'll just keep it .

i'll probably be looking for another in a few months and remember what hassle i had finding a 174 in the frst place .

colour is pretty good , looks great when the suns out , the guy in the dfs truck thought so yeaterday who waved me down to ask what colour it was T:

the spray job was done to test the colour hence the reason the the door shuts are not done , i would probably mix some copper or gold in with the brown to get the exact colour i was looking for

steve

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
nice van mate, hope you get your money for it, try it on pistonheads they seem to sell pretty quick on thereT:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
:confused:you need to get the pics on pistonheads buddy, unless ya signed into the transporter site's you can't see the pics

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will do once my laptop gets back from repairs , my youngest decided to pour a pint of stella into it !

van is now on ebay with make me an offer if anyone would like to T:

looks like i've misssed the car i wanted , but now fancy a change anyway so px possible for mk1 golf , caddy or maybe mk4 turbo or tdi or cheap passat , bora , a4 etc for the other half . try me !

steve

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
last week , is she dos'nt sell this week i'll be keeping her and finishing of the project .
price now 7600 no offers .

steve

·
Registered
106 Posts
My T5 2.5tdi 130bhp has just run past 200k and still has the power and fuel economy. Only thing I have had changed since having it from 190k is the water pump as the impeller went. A:

Excellent Van - and it is for sale :eek:)

...it's a good looking van, but IMHO it's quite expensive for one with that mileage (knowing that T5s haven't proved to be as reliable as T4s with similar miles) and a service history that kind of isn't... :eek:

Anyone wanting to convert is going to need to add all the windows, may prefer a tailgate, and might wonder what else has to be done to the mechanicals, seeing as you've had to do/spend quite a lot to it already. Plus apparently, there a credit crunch I:

I love the colour though - congratulations on being bold and different, and good luck with your sale T:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts