VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is then, the new Jimbo Wagon …

Never one to do things by half, the only reason we have not got one before now is because of the Forum … well I couldn’t really turn up to an event in a Fiat Ducato now could I LOL:

So, when we found this with a T4 chassis, it just had to be done.

9ft Tall, 22ft Long and 7ft 2'' wide

Its a VW T4 Explorer Navigator 360e

So, the good news is it’s a 1999 Long Nose T4 Cab, even better is the motor has only done 16k from new !!!
Not so good news is, it’s the 2.4 (non Turbo) so cruising all the way with the lorries LOL

Still, as it happens, I know the whereabouts of a really sorted 2.5TDi Motor, which I have been driving since new … this would then free up my Black Van as a bit of a “Project”

Anyway, first things first, going to use it for the Sumer and see how we get on.

This is as standard as its ever going to look … as the old saying goes – Watch this space.

First sleep out in it was Sat night – Kids luved it.

Talking of Penny’s as I know some people will – The value of My Black T4 and this big old Bus combined is still about £10k less than a T5 Calli !!!

So there you go, Its Big, Its White and and its got literally everything and the kitchen sink in there – So watch out for it at a show near you.

Team Jimbo

UPDATE TO THIS POST - to save people wading through 30 pages of posts, this is where we are 6 years later

·
Registered
759 Posts
Re: Here it is then, the new Jimbo Wagon …

nice jimbo
so now its
where ever you lay your hat
thats your mobile home
Rasp:Rasp:
:D:D:D

·
Registered
6,409 Posts

WOW :* Thats some piece of kit ya got yaself there Jim T: Wonder how long it will be before it starts looking along the lines of that 200bhp orange T5 that was on here a while back :cool:

Nice find ;)

Chris :ILU:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Why is there picture on the walls in the same material as the seats:confused:
LOL: Eeeer Yes, its a bit Floral for my liking, but give it time - I know a very good upholsteror :D

As for Pictures (Pads) on the Wall, I don't think you will be too surprised to find these will be replaced with a couple of LCD's :D

·
Registered
342 Posts

Wow thats some van love the seats! At least its not easy for you're little ones to escape from like Seth with our trailer tent at Vanwest!!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

looking forward to the mods T:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts

really liking that Jim, just needs lowering (only) so the kidz can get in without a step of course, and the power well if you need any help getting up them hills give me a shout, tow rope on boardLOL:

·
Registered
295 Posts

I guess there's a new member to team white A:

·
Registered
691 Posts

really liking that Jim, just needs lowering
I:I:I:
yeah yeah Rod...like you'd ever swap one for your super swish team saga van....LOL:LOL:Rasp:
Nice addition to the fold Jimbo....or should we say "Max and Paddy" ;);).....so its all round yours next time it's raining buddy T:T:T:........Rob :D

·
Registered
832 Posts

James,
All you need now is matching cardies, thought that the T5 men were SAGAI:
Hope you have great fun with it.
Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

so jimbo will we be seeing you on the m6 northbound soon . will keep our eyes open and give you a wave tiki style lol. infact come park up on fleetwood prom and wake upto fylde coasters on the 7th june

·
Premium Member
163 Posts

Nice one Jimbo

Showed my Dad this (I'm trying to convince my parents to get a motorhome) and he asked what the Gross Vehicle Weight is (for medical reasons his license only allows him to drive up to 3500kg)

Mike Y

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts

Nice one Jimbo...Pimp the palace T:

·
Registered
392 Posts

Looking good Jimbo A:

I'm just waiting now to see how many people can help with some photoshop ideas for you ........... I:

;)LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

Nice one Jim

See you at Buealie. You may want to leave a little earlier to get there in that big thing LOL:LOL:.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts