VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old Skool bloke who thinks ANYTHING will fit if your prepared to put the work in.

So insane to start thinking of a massive power puller in a t4??:D

Anyone in the process of doing such a thing...Any already out there running a chevy,V8,etc?:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
i have been thinking of a mid mount for a while......

panel van base, lexus LS??? motor, gearbox, rear diff.

the lexus has an electronic gearbox so you can easily move selector unit to where you want it.
mounting should be fairly staright forward using chassis rails and fuel tank can be relocated to engine bay ( if your really clever you could do all the install in a running van removing the front engine last thing when its ready to roll on the donor )

would be a fairly cheap converstion , panel van approx 1000 whole donor lexus approx 700

i will do this a some point cause i want to - just need the funds to start it.........

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
ive just been offered a nissan skyline 2.5gtst turbo streight six £1500 well tempted as it has a sweet engine would be nice in a t4 T:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have been thinking of a mid mount for a while......

panel van base, lexus LS??? motor, gearbox, rear diff.

the lexus has an electronic gearbox so you can easily move selector unit to where you want it.
mounting should be fairly staright forward using chassis rails and fuel tank can be relocated to engine bay ( if your really clever you could do all the install in a running van removing the front engine last thing when its ready to roll on the donor )

would be a fairly cheap converstion , panel van approx 1000 whole donor lexus approx 700

i will do this a some point cause i want to - just need the funds to start it.........
T: Im glad its not me who thinks anything is pos:)

With a recon vw box costing around 600 quid then yeah a real cheap conversionT:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Full bulkhead and Jag V12 in the back :)

Or these days a big BMW or Mercedes V12

I would imagine you would need to leave the original engine in place just to balance it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts