VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to say a BIG THANKS to Ron for the injectors & Wayne at Chip Wizard for the remap, the drive home to Doncaster was a bit different having to learn to drive my van again, the van just wants to go & a couple of times even in traffic it just wants to launch itself . . . Cant wait to put the caravan on the back & try the hills again around North Yorkshire.

Hopefully not the embarrassed haul it was before.

Cheers guys I would recommend project power & Wayne to any one

T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Did you have the injectors and map done at the same time ? Are they close by ? How much if you don't mind me asking ! Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

he has just moved to Rawtenstall from Warrington but well worth the trip . . . especialy coming back LOL

Price wise please ring him ! !

I bought the injectors a while back but fitted them Weds & had the remap Thurs.( MERRY CHRISTMAS 2 ME)

While I was there a chap came in with a Westfield with a ST engine, he had had it to 2 tuning guys & ford with a fault. Wayne plugged it in & if I had been making a cup of Tea it wouldent have mashed in the time it took Wayne to sort it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nothing but praise for Wayne at Chipwizards. Absolute top bloke and highly recommended. I've been to see him several times over the last few years and always received great service. It's worth the drive wherever you are in the UK.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
He mapped my mates super charged Peugeot 306gti and does know his stuff, also he is a nice guy and doesn't go around saying he is the only guy that can do the job!.

·
6,647 Posts
Thanks for the great feedback vanwreak - glad you like our injectors.

did you get any figures or dyno printout ?

Regards

Ron.

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,886 Posts
He mapped my mates super charged Peugeot 306gti and does know his stuff, also he is a nice guy and doesn't go around saying he is the only guy that can do the job!.
Wish there was a "like button" as with some other sites that I know about, but never visit. T: (Close enough?)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually wish I had gone to ChipWizards instead of the one i did - you know, the only person who can map I:

I would also like to extend my thanks for Ron (long overdue). Superb customer service and his injectors are working really well (PP1), actually better on the standard VW map than the re-map I had - thanks Ron!

The mapper told me it was smoking badly and that he had sorted it out - actually not! It wasnt smoking bad on the standard VW map and it was worse with the 'custom' re-map. They also 'fixed' my timing out so that it was running like a bag of the brown stuff and i lost all the economy benefits i had with just the injectors alone. All that for 5hp gain! NO!

Big thanks to both Mario of 'MV Engineering' Telford and to Nathan at 'Wagen Worx' for their really great work - nothing these two dont know about VWs and great, great customer serivce!

Now running the standard VW map with the PP1's and it runs like a dream and super efficient!

Sorry, didnt mean to hijack the thread in anyway, just spreading the love :ILU:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Ron yeh I limped in at a massive 76.2 bhp wayne got it to 139 but too much smoke now running at 126.2 as I asked Wayne I dident want it maxed & iam a old man so dident want speed. I want it for power for pulling the caravan & car trailer with t4s sat on it.

1st Caravan outing this weekend so I will let you know :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OH n may I say I arrived at Waynes at 09:30 what should of been 3hrs. . . as always nowt of mine goes to plan & left at 17:50 the legend that is would not let it beat him,cheers Wayne T:

P.S. get sum heating in I got MAN FLU

·
Full of Cr*p....
7,886 Posts
"Actually wish I had gone to ChipWizards instead of the one i did - you know, the only person who can map "

2nd that!

In fact, 2nd just about most of your post about the smoke.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wayne did a great job on my 2.5 TDI around 5 years ago when he was based around Milnrow.T:

While I was there he seemed to be very busy and there were also customers who had driven up from Devon and South Wales just to let him work his magic on their T4's. Such was his reputation within our community.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
I would go myself but looking at his new unit, i dont think a high top will fit in. :*
Not all vehicles have to go on the dyno to get a good tune, most good tuners can data log on the road in real driving conditions and tune that way.
My last tune on my T5 2.5 was tuned on the road using data logs and an AFR logger up the exhaust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts