VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wants me to wrap his T5, he is thinking about going matt black, anyone already done this? Was wondering if anyone had any pics if so? I think it will either look sick T: or really, really not work, can't make my mind up :* - someone must have done a matt black wrap on a t5 by now - just can't seem to find pics anywhere...
at least it's not my van i'm experimenting on LOL:

anyone help?
Cheers!

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
i seen a t5 at vanfest last year that was wrapped in carbon and it did look pretty cool apart from when you got up close to it you could see all the little rub marks :ILU::ILU::cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

that 1 is posted in come on show us in wheel & tyre section

·
Registered
859 Posts
Theres a matt black ( not satin black) T5 drives around wakefield and it looks really well, I dont know if its painted or a wrap, all I know is that it works on that van T:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I considered a matt black wrap or paintjob on my T4, but have decided to go for matt black stripes on gloss black paint. I think the contrast will work better, as I don;t want the full rat look. Does look cool tho, but you need the wheels and everything to complete it. Dunno if the t5 styling would rock the rat look....

·
Registered
729 Posts
looks more satin than matt to me

Yep that van is done in Satin and i'm 99% sure its painted and not wrapped.. you'll have to contact a member called blackreflex though to be sure, coz i think its his mates van - I've seen it a few times and it looks stunning in the flesh :cool::ILU:

A friend had his car wrapped in matt black a few years ago and it looked good, but it was a nightmare for showing off finger prints :(

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you are going to wrap it go for a good quality vinyl, I use 3M and think its the best to work with. I've done a new Beetle in Satin, looked great, The T5 above looks great too. You can mark it but you'd mark or scratch paint with the same force applied. And if you do you can replace the vinyl.
Also you can change colour/style as much as you like and it protects the paint underneath. The body has to be good to cover though, any dents and heavy scratches / rust will show through the vinyl.
I'll get some pics up shortly. T:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello

Nice looking van. I am just about to pick up my T5 also in black. Just wondering how much you lower the van in the pic by?

I was contemplating buying a sportline front chin from you guys, but this van looks good without! Although I am still tempted!

Regards

Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wrap cars in mat black and many other colours.
I would recommend using a satin rather than dead mat as the mat marks very easily. My own car (Honda CRV) has been wrapped satin black for over 2 years and still looks good, (also has Carbon mirrors, spoilers, trim etc)
There are many benefits in wrapping for non-permanent colour changes + easier/quicker/cheaper than re-spray. Range of effect vinyls available such as carbon, pearlescent etc and if done when vehicle is in good condition will protect paintwork and can be removed later.
The Carbon T5 at Vanfest was wrapped in a 3M material but was not done very well, It looked very patchy close up and owner said he had problems getting rid of this but I think it may have been treated with something like WD40 which coule have created problem rather than helping.
I have just been to pick up a T5 sportline that I intended to wrap at least 50% mat black but had to return it due to engine problem, (Lost coolant withing 10miles,- think head gasket problem)
Not sure how to upload pics as new to this forum site but some on my website core motorsport .co .uk

·
Registered
5 Posts
how much would a full wrap cost?
you could probably get quotes from £1k - £1.5k. make sure is done with decent material though or will lift from recesses, also by someone who has experience wrapping for same reasons + should be done with minimal joins .... if any (prob only expect some on deep recesses in bumpers + on mirrors. Better job achieved if partially stripped ie lights, handles, badges etc + if do this yourself will save money and encourage fitter to do better job.
If you van is originally contrasting colour ie white/red/yellow conside having door shuts done but will add c. £2-300 to cost

1 - 20 of 20 Posts