VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 17 year's max power magazine have lowered the ramps, put there tools away, and locked up the shutters for the last time......

No bad thing really, but in the early days when it was all about 205 gti' golfs and renault 5 turbo's it was cool, 17 years ago is about when i stopped buying itI:

But did buy the last issue:*

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
the early issues were brilliant, it just lost its way did try to reinvent itself a few years back but too little to late

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yup when it first started it was good for the first few issues, originally started by the guys behind performance bikes magazine, first editor was peter comely form said bike mag. Not sure when it went down hill but stopped buying it way before.

Ady

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
still got a mint 1st idition in the loft
purple 205 gti dimma on the cover if i remember rightly T:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
will did you design the trader badge ?
just wondering as its ginger I:
nice to seee mr ginger ninja is still working there lolLOL:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Funny enough i binned a pile of these the other week,was good when it started but too many' wide bodied Dimma' bodykits later and it had all gone pete tong........I:
Gaz.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Funny enough i binned a pile of these the other week,was good when it started but too many' wide bodied Dimma' bodykits later and it had all gone pete tong........I:
Gaz.
did you used to read it when it first came out gaz thinking...

WOWEEEE!!! LOOK HOW LOW THAT CAR IS... RIGHT I'M GONNA GET MY VEHICLES THAT LOW...

NO SOD IT...

EVEN LOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I'm sure something equally pants will be along soon. Max Power was never my thing, still read Autosport and TopGear mag (When waiting for Hair cut LOL:)

Can't say I'll miss it, prehaps because I'm aged over 19 LOL: LOL: LOL:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
did you used to read it when it first came out gaz thinking...

WOWEEEE!!! LOOK HOW LOW THAT CAR IS... RIGHT I'M GONNA GET MY VEHICLES THAT LOW...

NO SOD IT...

EVEN LOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
I used to like my jap motors mate once upon a time,it was all about the big power then,had a 320bhp Evo that was an awesome drive,still miss it at times;)
Gaz.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Max flower what a load of rubbish remember some of the earler issues back when i had a old r5 turbo and supprsise supprise i blew that up to LOL:

cant say am dissapointed in all fairness as aint looked at one for donkeys of years still remember the wide arched pug though I:

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
What about Revs, is that still going, we got a mk1 golf on the cover of an early issue, may even have been the first. The photoshoot guys that turned up were from or ex Max Power. Agree on the early issues were okay and the days of making everthing ourselves from bits begged borrowed and the local scrappy :ILU: S h i t starting to sound like my dad :(

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Max Power- affectionately known as Max Acne!
Total tosh. Won't be missing it from the shelves.

I used to like my jap motors mate once upon a time,it was all about the big power then,had a 320bhp Evo that was an awesome drive,still miss it at times;)
Gaz.
My bro has an Evo 9 thing, 480bhp, but reserved for the track. I won't go in it coz I'll end up browning my panties!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Max Power- affectionately known as Max Acne!
Total tosh. Won't be missing it from the shelves.

My bro has an Evo 9 thing, 480bhp, but reserved for the track. I won't go in it coz I'll end up browning my panties!
I did enjoy it,quickest thing i'd ever owned:D
Gaz.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts