VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Girls

For those who missed the May Meet here is a quick recap of what you missed

This months total van count was 17 vans and 36 people, fab turn out and best to date :)

It had been previously discussed and became apparent on Thursday that we need to look for a new venue for the monthly meets as parking and seating was a problem. I asked all members for ideas of a new venue and received some good input, after further discussion i felt a 'roaming meet' would be a good idea for the summer months, this would allow us to try out various venues and get out and about a little more. The details of this will be sent to all members

Shaun 'mocco' moxon put forward we changed the meeting time from 19.00 to 19.30 this would allow extra time to get to the meetings, i like the idea and will put it to a vote (look out for this on facebook)

The clothing has its first outing modelled by the dynamic duo Glenn 'the thong' Ramsden & Mandy 'May' Ramsden and it looked great. It is available to buy from Wilkinsons Embroidery 59 Lister Street, Hull, HU1 2RZ Tel.01482 222047. Please quote Hull Tr4nsporter5 when ordering, some garments come with free embroidery, thanks Mandy for sorting this one :)

Now the lighter nights are here i plan on arranging a 'drive night' this will happen on the last Thursday of each month which will give us an event every 2 weeks, details will be posted on the 'events' section soon. We will meet at The Kingswood' before heading out to the venue in a convoy

We also discussed the possibility of a couple of club days or nights, here we would have a BBQ etc venues put forward where Dalby Forest and Fraisethorpe, this will take more planning and i welcome all your views

Think that covers it, please remember this is your club so keep the ideas coming

Cheers

Ashley T:

·
Registered
47 Posts
The day meets sounds like a good idea. T:
Meet up, quick chat (and introductions from us) and a drive somewhere for grub and more chatting. We find it difficult to get to evening meets as we both work long hours and have a small dubber who goes to bed around 7-7.30.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi to everyone,

We are in Leeds and have a Pub that does normal home-made grub and have soft drinks,Tea and coffee for the ones driving....
You are very welcome to have your meets at our pub we have a huge car-park and function room for the more wet days. We also have a big beer garden attached to the carpark so you can show off your pride and joy and still have a nice refreshing drink. We are in Middleton Just off J41 M1 or J28 M62 very east access to both motorway systems. All that we need is to know when you guys are coming to make sure the chef is free to join in the meeting with his baby... lol

T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts