VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
randomly my van decied it didn't like the look of the new year and spontaneously combusted this morn!!:(:confused::eek::blg:blg

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Oof, any idea on the cause?

Btw, what you doing with the wheels I:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fire brigade said it all started round the battery. Spoke to the garage that did all the work on the van a few months ago and they said that everything should all be fused to prevent this happening so its more than likely something has happened on the battery?

Not sure whats going to happen with anything on the van at the moment as got to wait for the insurance company.:*

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Gutted for you mate. Good job it was parked and not being driven :eek:
Sorry to hear what happened mate :(, would say it's an electrical fault for definate.

As above, but especially good job it didn't happen when sleeping in it!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to see he dressed up for the occasion!
I know most of the local fire brigade and I'm bloomin lucky that they came at all. They are very short on members at the moment so it could have all been a lot lot worse! Only filled it up with deisel on monday and its hardly been used!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know most of the local fire brigade and I'm bloomin lucky that they came at all. They are very short on members at the moment so it could have all been a lot lot worse! Only filled it up with deisel on monday and its hardly been used!!
Ahh a new career for me then if they are short, always wanted to be in the fire brigade......just got to move to Essex.......

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
dont give it to the insuance!
see if you can have it back,get some quotes yourself for whatever work needed?
looked a tidy bus.gutted for u mate:ILU:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont give it to the insuance!
see if you can have it back,get some quotes yourself for whatever work needed?
looked a tidy bus.gutted for u mate:ILU:
Everything had been done to the bus on the bodywork. Not a bit of rust on it as it had all been sorted in a full strip down and a full re-spray!! If its a total write off then may buy it back as there are some good stuff on it such as the wheels/stainless exhuast under a month old (that sounded awesome)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts