VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Maybe One less T4 on the road!

5K views 48 replies 27 participants last post by  Piggy78 
#1 ·
randomly my van decied it didn't like the look of the new year and spontaneously combusted this morn!!:(:confused::eek::blg:blg

See less See more
#6 ·
The fire brigade said it all started round the battery. Spoke to the garage that did all the work on the van a few months ago and they said that everything should all be fused to prevent this happening so its more than likely something has happened on the battery?

Not sure whats going to happen with anything on the van at the moment as got to wait for the insurance company.:*

#15 ·
Everything had been done to the bus on the bodywork. Not a bit of rust on it as it had all been sorted in a full strip down and a full re-spray!! If its a total write off then may buy it back as there are some good stuff on it such as the wheels/stainless exhuast under a month old (that sounded awesome)

#23 ·
Looks pretty knackered under the bonnet to be honest. All interior in the cab needs replacing too. Probably a lot of money. Seeing as though Ive already spent 6k on it i'm not sure I want to spend any more on it?? At the moment too annoyed to think about replacing it all but we will see

#27 ·
Not being funny but seeing ur van has just given me a kick up the bum to make sure all my wires are fused and this can't happen to me ,
Very sad day for you and like others have said this forum will help as everyone dose , hope u get a van as good or better

#28 ·
If the insurance offer the van back would anybody be interested in taking the complete thing from me as I don't really have the means to break it down! The alloys are all as new (recent refurb) the doors are all like new due to the complete body restoration and re-spray which I had done in Oct 2011. The side windows are all new (with window tint film - easily removed) and I've been told that the lowering of the van used some of the best springs and dampeners? (I'll find out the make). There is also a stainless exhaust from pptuning which has only been on the van for a month.

I'm selling some bits from the van if anyone is interested? Here's the links to the listings on this forum:

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1242469#post1242469

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=158945

#36 ·
I thought that it would be cat C but some mates that have looked at it said that it may have warped the body/chassis?? It doesn't look like it has and the inspector didn't exactly look to closely. Mainly took pics of the outside of tha van. :*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.