VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

anyone had experience using a mazda bongo seat in the rear?

was thinking about fitting one on it's runners and adding a shelf at the rear so when it's flat i have a full length bed

not sure whether that work really though...

any other suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Had the same in mine for a number of years now very comfy since it was flat foam upholstered by wodge on here at Dubpholstery, instead of just storage you can make your cooking arrangements in the platform aswell.T:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, wondered if it would be comfortable in standard format, did you ever have it installed before you changed to flat foam?

d'ya know how much they charge to change to flat foam and reupholster?

am I right in saying that you can slide the seat back and forward on the rails and also remove if you need to?

cheers

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
yeah, wondered if it would be comfortable in standard format, did you ever have it installed before you changed to flat foam?

d'ya know how much they charge to change to flat foam and reupholster?

am I right in saying that you can slide the seat back and forward on the rails and also remove if you need to?

cheers
Correct on all of the above can be taken out and slid back and forwards, lots of people use a memory foam mattress when in standard form to make more comfy.
Price will always be dependant on the upholsterer but I cant recommend Wodge enough.T:

PM me a email address and I will send you come pics if you like

·
Registered
723 Posts
Very happy with my Bongo seat. Fitted a platform behind, slide seat forward, fold rear down level with carpeted platform and then cover with an Ikea memory foam mattress which folds out from the platform. Creates a very comfy full width bed. :ILU:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Could anyone get me photos of the underneath. I was thinking would it be hard to fabricate new legs for the bongo seat to have them sit slightly higher and more over the wheel arches like a calafornia bed.

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
They fit between the wheel arches, but wouldn't be too difficult to alter the tube frame, don't know if these pics helpT:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Mine is great comfy as a seat then slides Forfarshire lays flat and a board from the back deck flips over to form a totally flat platform and I use 3inch foam as the mattress

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Will try and get some pics up when I get 5 mins :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did this with bongo seats, I used the full length rails and two bongo seats. Was ok for 1 or 2 nights but too lumpy for more than that. You will need a topper or remake it with flat foam. Might be more comfortable if u only use one seat and a flat rear section tho.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Here's mine with cooker built into rear section, flat foamed and rear pad provided by Wodge very happy with his work as always

Notice swing out table and leg provided by Stealthcamper on here

Gives us loads of room when the swivel is turned around when camping

With 2 ring on pull out shelf

Storage for camping stuff

Storage for van stuff

With table top in stowed position

Square section bracket for table leg

Table top is position for use

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spammers that looks awesome, how did you get that finish? Is the foam standard or something special?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Would anyone happen to know the dimensions of the seat when it's flat (to help me work out how big the rear shelf needs to be)?

I just ordered one but I don't have it yet.

Ta

1 - 18 of 18 Posts