VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I use the std T4 bolts as I did with the old 17" Audi sport alloys or are the Merc wheels diferent

thanks T:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okey doke, I'll go ask somewhere else

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didn't think 8 hours was that impatient :confused: I've seen peeps moan after an hour of no replies but thanks for the reply, I have one for yes and one no now H:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Maybe it took 8 hours as the only people who would know are those that have fitted both Audi and Mercedes wheels ?

I Just swapped from Audi to Merc, and the bolts did not fit properly.

They might have held the wheel on, but they don't seat as they are supposed to.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it took 8 hours as the only people who would know are those that have fitted both Audi and Mercedes wheels ?

I Just swapped from Audi to Merc, and the bolts did not fit properly.

They might have held the wheel on, but they don't seat as they are supposed to.
ok ta for the advice, have you bought new bolts ?, if so where would I go

T: not being arsey Neal sorry :)

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Luckily I was given some bolts by the generous previous owner of the wheels (ta Ben)

but I have heard eBay is the cheapest place (£40 ish) or mercedes dealer (£60 ish)

Or maybe go to a scrap yard ?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Luckily I was given some bolts by the generous previous owner of the wheels (ta Ben)

but I have heard eBay is the cheapest place (£40 ish) or mercedes dealer (£60 ish)

Or maybe go to a scrap yard ?
so just std merc alloy bolts T: thank you

·
Registered
643 Posts
mick,

my merc wheels fitted on fine with the t4 bolts. make sure you have spigot rings on them - they do make a massive difference by reducing the risk of off centre wheel and vibration.

mitch

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
the only way to tell is by looking at the fitment on the wheel

as they are replicas my guess is that they could be either fitment

i would guess they are radius

same bolts

as stated above i run mercs and they are using my original radius bolts.
they fit perfect no probs have been on for months

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
mick,

my merc wheels fitted on fine with the t4 bolts. make sure you have spigot rings on them - they do make a massive difference by reducing the risk of off centre wheel and vibration.

mitch

They may hold the wheel on, but they are not the correct fitting, have a look at the shape of the seat the bolt fits into, and the shape of the bolt.

I planned to fit them with my old bolts, but was advised against it by someone (unlike me) who knows what they are talking about.

Totally agree on the spigot rings though, they are essential really, without them all the downward force is being taken on the wheel bolts (not good at all !)

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
They may hold the wheel on, but they are not the correct fitting, have a look at the shape of the seat the bolt fits into, and the shape of the bolt.

I planned to fit them with my old bolts, but was advised against it by someone (unlike me) who knows what they are talking about.

genuine merc wheels are the radius same as audi

im guessing that your not wrong i dont doubt that you needed different bolts

you obviously did for your wheels

BUT

merc wheels have same pcd as vw/audi

and just like audi your wheels they can need either radius or tapered.

thats why best advise is for him to check his fitment of his wheels as i could be right or you could be right

no one can answer if they havnr seen them without guessing

it is whatever fitment his wheels actually are.

in theory he is the only one who can answer his question

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crikey :eek: well this is what I have to fit

I know you caqn't see the stud hole, but these will be on soon

didn't know about the spigot ring tho' if I need one where do I get them :confused:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i have 350 clk alloys on mine, i drilled the wheel bolt holes out to 14 mm the origanal holes were 12mm and as the existing bolts would not fit through the holes i also bought spiggot rings off ebay i have had absolutely no problems with mine whatsoever and merc wheels look cool on v dubs post some pic when ther fitted bud ! T:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts