VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics of our recent acquisition, Betsy. She is an 03 2.5tdi with 109k on the clock and virtually no rust.(What little surface rust I found on the door runners and sill have been treated and repainted). unfortunately she wasn't quite so well looked after mechanically and I have had to replace a drive shaft, diff seal, two ball joints, track rods , discs & pads and weld up the exhaust. The clutch needs doing as the release bearing is shaking itself to bits and is leaking from the main engine/clutch seal.(A bit worrying is it looks very much like a re-con gearbox - why the hell wasn't the clutch done then ?!) Still as soon as the clutch and cam belt/pump are done I will have a sorted van. I would describe the interior as a little rough and ready but perfectly servicable, it has been lined with chord carpet - badly ! She will do us for the meantime as is but I suspect I will be ripping out the interior over winter and starting again - properly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice van! I think I have the antithesis to your 03 T4 in that the body work on mine hasn't been looked after, but mechanically it seems great, clutch and timing belt both done recently, regularly serviced and so on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts