VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! Nice to see ya to see ya nice, hehehee.

Okies, I gone and got me another 'Velle- eek!
This is now my third T4 so I pretty much knew what I wanted and importantly, how I wanted it- or at least I thought I did I:

So this is gonna be my third build thread. Meet Brian! woohoo
Hoping to get some progress pictures as usual- and maybe the odd leg shot, I dunno :*

My first T4 is here: Leo van

My second T4 is here: Eva Bus

Currently I've got a new Beetle as my daily driver and Eva, my '92 'Velle for my windsurfing needs.
Now, I'm finding having two vehicles is becomming an ever increasing nightmare as the cost of motoring keeps going up in a stupid fashion.

So I've decided to sell the Bug and the Bus and have just one vehicle.
"But why don't I keep the existing bus?" you may be asking....... Well, the existing bus doesn't have Air-con, Abs, lekky windows and mirrors, and no more than two seats with belts.
....and to be honest, this girl likes her creature comforts :D

So, my third bus is Brian.
He's a classic 1995 Caravelle in a dark metallic blue- a few forum members might recognise the bus as I bought it from a trusted forum member.
It's a 2.5ltr petrol with an automatic gearbox. Yes, I'm aware it's gonna be a tad on the thirsty side, but my motoring miles per year are only about 7000. Also, I prefer petrol (being a bit of a petrol-head hehehee) for the quiteness and oomph etc.
So Brian is a Japanese imported vehicle (2006) and has pretty fabbo bodywork. Also has front and rear air-con, abs, electric winows and mirrors, swivelly captain seats. Most plush for me and is a happy compromise between van and car as a one-vehicle-does-all.

Plans are underway (in my head) as to how Brian is gonna be a unique 'Velle and customised to my needs.
Got a few bits bought already and will picture up as and when these get fitted. Am partially tempted to take out the 2 captain seats, both on swivels and bases and repleace with something heated- dunno yet.

I have already fitted some centre caps to the wheels as I wasn't taken on the standard Caravelle wheel trims. The wheels are fitted with proper winter tyres too which is comforting given the impending weather.

So, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen let me introduce Brian. x

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Re: Meet 'Brian'

Course its spesh, its been driven by JesusLOL:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Heard a bloke shouting for his dog the other day " Brian Brian Jesus get here now Brian"!! Did make me laugh .
Kate nice van too .

·
Registered
396 Posts

Nice van!
No I haven't forgotten about that bloke down the road, still need him as you've bought a new van?

Also where's the leg shots?I:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

My real name is Bryan ,I cant see what's so funny ,can the moderators keep an eye on this thread please?

Nice velle by the way.*<:)>

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

So, first bit of work on Brian was to sort out the usual issues around the screen.
I was keen to get this done before winter for obvious reasons.

It didn't look overly terrible on inspection but was told by everyone that you can never tell until its stripped back, and forunately in Brian's case the rust hadn't gone through the metal.

The bodyshop removed the screen, dealt with the brown stuff and treated ALL around the screen, painted and then refitted the screen. They also painted the top of the tailgate as some laquer was starting to delaminate- and, took some photo's for me as I told them I was documenting the progress. And all for £230. Rather nifty me thinks :D

Anyway, some before, during and after pictures:

·
Registered
542 Posts

Looking good! Nice to have a bus with all the luxuries T:

·
Registered
370 Posts

I am glad you bought another T4 so that i can enjoy another one of your builds! Looks like you have made a great start T:

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts

Can't believe you didn't make mention of that exhaust system. IMHO the best part of that old wagon...can hear it a mile away and it's a proper deep tone :cool::cool:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Can't believe you didn't make mention of that exhaust system. IMHO the best part of that old wagon...can hear it a mile away and it's a proper deep tone :cool::cool:
I did. Well, I didn't, but initially I did.
Ya see....... I typed it all up, including the bit about the exhaust, and went to submit it and the whole netbook thing froze on me and I lost all my hard efforts :(

But yes, the exhaust is worthy of a mention indeed.

It's a stainless system, quite chunky and really sounds uber mad what with the 5 cylinders and all that.

I proper love it T:

Though in time I am gonna be changing the tailpipe bit to something more subtle.
I took it to the guys who initially supplied and fitted it, and they said 40squids for a new bit on the end- result! x

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

just as well youve got loooong legs...sits a fair old way off the ground:D
looks tidy thoT:(and the bus):D

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

just as well youve got loooong legs...sits a fair old way off the ground:D
looks tidy thoT:(and the bus):D
Hmmm, funny you should say that, coz this girl is toying with the idea of big 215/65 All Terrain tyres, nudge bar, cibie's etc.
(just a loose plan in my head....) x

1 - 20 of 172 Posts