VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just copied this from our Facebook group page, so anyone not on there can voice a opinion as well:D
Evening,so need to let you all know about the future of our meets.
Unfortunately as of now we can't carry on meeting at Gunthorpe as usual,as the pub is being refurbed and the car park is being renovated to accommodate motor home stopovers.So that's it end of an era!!
Been chatting to Dan Dubfellas Kelly and they are going to start having their own meets,at the Griffins Head in Papplewick. So best of luck to them they are a cracking group.
One option we've got is to have our own meet at the Ferry Boat inn,where dubs r us used to meet.
Or we jump in with Dubfellas and carry on with joint meets, it's not for me to decide so what do you want to do????

Registered
Hi Lloyd How about inn for a penny burton road Carlton. They have a big back car park good food nice beer. It was one we looked at when setting up the group many years ago. Some one did mention burn stump pub, it's ok but the car park is under trees and all mud so in bad weather will be a right mess. We also looked at the Griffins head papplewick where dubfellows are meeting the pub car park is very small and they only open the show field in the good weather even then it's mud glorious mud. I:I: we did have a thought to ask lowdham caravans they have a camping field on site very big bet they would love the VW camper group to pop along once a month . They have a coffee shop, camping shop. so looking on the business side bet they would let you pop along once a month. and pos have stop over camp outs 馃槣馃槣. Looks like you are doing a great job. keeping the group going thanks for taking it over and making the big effort I know it takes to keep it going. 馃槝

This is just my thoughts hope they help.
Cheers buddy see you out and about
Ian 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ian appreciate itT:
We'll see how it goes having a joint meet, as that's what the majority of members wanted to do.
If it doesn't work out for whatever reason then your suggestions may well come in handy:D
Thanks again see you around
Lloyd

Registered
If the Nottingham forum meets on the first Sunday of the month at The Griffins Head then who organised the meeting there on the 15th?

Registered
It just seems to be a shame that the so called regional co-ordinator seems incapable of following up on his posts...........makes you wonder why people bother!

Registered
Hey guys any news on sorting a regular meet?

I could do with coming and having a chat as I'm SLOWLY building my T5 but a few tips could help me no end. Seems a bit dead around here now - the unicorn used to be full of dubs once a month and I've only been to the griffins head when its just a general non marque specific meet, which was pretty cool as there was lots of quirky stuff. But having said that i could do with having a chat with some people for pointers.

Im not on FB so don't really get any meet info anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
It just seems to be a shame that the so called regional co-ordinator seems incapable of following up on his posts...........makes you wonder why people bother!
Tbh I only bothered as no one else was willing to take over the group, unfortunately things have moved on from here and like most things all the info is on Facebook.
Apologies for not posting on here updated info,but an accumulation of being self employed and busy, and unexpected family commitments means things get overlooked.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys any news on sorting a regular meet?

I could do with coming and having a chat as I'm SLOWLY building my T5 but a few tips could help me no end. Seems a bit dead around here now - the unicorn used to be full of dubs once a month and I've only been to the griffins head when its just a general non marque specific meet, which was pretty cool as there was lots of quirky stuff. But having said that i could do with having a chat with some people for pointers.

Im not on FB so don't really get any meet info anymore.
The next local meet is 31st July with Dubfellas again at the Griffins head, we are trying to sort a permanent home where we can have our own meets ASAP
I'll do my best to keep it updated on here as well as FB!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts