VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am a regional coordinator and have the passion and commitments to run and arrange some great forum meets with activities and food. But after two years of getting a big forum together now find I have some members that have set up there own vw meets under a new name on face book, this has split the group but worse of all made back lashing and unrest in my forum. And I was being attacked verbally making accusation. That are so untrue it hurt me big time. I feel I have to say something as it was making me want to pack it all in and get on with my life. As I spend May hours and a lot of time sorting out things and planning. But I had such a good support from some of my great members who can see what I am trying to do. I just wanted to say if any one is looking at leaving there existing forum and setting up there own DONT just talk to your R/C and ask them to help with your concerns you never know they might go that one step further, I know I would have tried to help them out . Keeping the group together and the warmth and great member enjoying the meets without the atmosphere.thats what the T4/5 forum is all about the social meets and van chat and meeting some great people.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I know what you mean.
I use a biking forum, Most of the member/people that use it have met each other through the forum.
It was originally set up so other people could get to meet other people to join rides.
Now as the forum has grown some people have set up their own groups/click and arrange rides without posting on the forum, which they met on in the first place.
As such any forum needs new and old members to remain active and interesting and when splinter groups are formed its the original forum that suffers.
Way of the world i'm afraid.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
good on you for encouraging people to make their concerns known if they have issues. Unfortunately, the bigger any groups get, there's always the potential for people to get the wrong end of the stick occasionally/feel they're not being given enough time etc. You can only do so much, and you can only do your best - you cannot please everyone all of the time!

Facebook does seem to mean that people sometimes forget where this all started - again you can only remind people about that, you can't make them come back.

Keep the faith, plenty of people will be appreciating what you do T:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
In a strange way you should take it as a compliment. The outcome was inevitable, its no different to every day life and its no reflection on you.
Through your own efforts and for running the meet, these people you refer to have met and become friends T:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why would anyone want to leave when after reading first post this guy is genuinely upset about people going on their own how many people give up their own time for others and help others seems this guy is very genuine ignorant in my opinion

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why would anyone want to leave when after reading first post this guy is genuinely upset about people going on their own how many people give up their own time for others and help others seems this guy is very genuine ignorant in my opinion
Are you saying I am ignorant. you have lost me in what you are trying to say ?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Are you saying I am ignorant. you have lost me in what you are trying to say ?
No , just due to the way the post was written, he was saying the other splinter group was ignorant.

This is why we have a dig about constructing posts using grammar, punctuation and spelling. Context is hard enough from behind a keyboard, but when posts are poorly written its all too easy to take the wrong end of the stick.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
To be fair I feel that I have done this. Emmett allowed me to come to his Oxford meets but we have now set up a Berkshire region. But we still try and get to each other's meets and join forces to make bigger ones :D T:
We too have made a group on Facebook as it seems easier to arrange meets and we've gained a lot more people through Facebook that didn't even know this forum existed.
But this forum is where it all began and we can't forget that so we still promote it and use it as much as we can T:

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
No , just due to the way the post was written, he was saying the other splinter group was ignorant.

This is why we have a dig about constructing posts using grammar, punctuation and spelling. Context is hard enough from behind a keyboard, but when posts are poorly written its all too easy to take the wrong end of the stick.
Agree with you Andy, the lack of punctuation, spelling and grammar does lead to misunderstanding of some posts..trouble is if you try to point it out, or ask for clarification you are accused of being arrogant or a smarta$$e...:( (sorry, a bit off subject)

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Grammar. It's the difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t.;)
P!ssed myself at that..thank you for brightening my day..:DLOL:........(though wasted on many)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Grammar. It's the difference between knowing your sh!t and knowing you're sh!t.;)
This is one of my favourite sayings! A:
Seeing 'you're/your' used incorrectly is like nails down a blackboard for me....

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Mine too/two/to....there/their/they're....where/were/we're....it goes on and on I:

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Come on guys, I'm sure the OP is gonna get annoyed...LOL:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Because I don't and wont ever do the "facebook thing" cos im not interested in the apple you have just peeled! and are now holding a Qand A on "how to".

Does this mean that eventually I will be the only T4 Forum member? :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
Because I don't and wont ever do the "facebook thing" cos im not interested in the apple you have just peeled! and are now holding a Qand A on "how to".

Does this mean that eventually I will be the only T4 Forum member? :D
I've always been of the opinion Facebook is the devil. Wanna form a group? LOL:LOL:LOL:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts