VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Been searching for some wheels for my van and have found some 18 inch AMG Mercedes alloys, five spoke slab effect. Will these wheels go straight on or will they need some kind of fettling to make them fit. Also the van is on standard springs at the moment so clearance isn't a problem.

Many thanks :)

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
What width and offset are they and are they staggered (wider rears)? Mercedes do loads of different fitments all of which will fit the stud pattern and usually the offset, the only problem is fitting them under the wheel arches without rubbing. You will need spiggott rings, possibly new bolts and you might need to drill the olt holes to take the larger diameter T4 bolts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jimmyjames.
The wheels are staggered, 8j at the front, 9j at the rear and the tyre size is 235/40 ZR18.
I also have the part number if that helps- HWA 210 401 02 02 ETC .

cheers

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
As Jimmy says, you MUST fit spigots (Only a few quid on flea-bay)

The hub diameter is bigger on the Merc wheels so all the weight will be on the bolts!

The bolts are only designed to hold the wheel ONTO the hub!

Mine did rub the inner wing very slightly on full lock but a good swing with a club hammer meant that the inner wing is now out of the way!I:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Stevo, i'm currently running Mercedes AMG 1 wheels on my T4. They are 8.5x18 ET 44 front and 9.5x18 ET 46 rear with 225/45/18 tyres which give rim protection on the front but provide a slight stretch on the rear to clear the arch. My arches are untouched and I've had no rubbing issues. My van is lowered roughly 90mm on T4srus 80mm drop springs plus their lowering spring plates. I fitted the correct spiggot rings and bought longer bolts to provide atleast 6 full turns when bolting the wheels on.

My dad is running AMG 2's which are 8x18 ET 33 with 225/45/18 tyres on his lowered 70mm T4, when loaded up his does catch slightly on the rear due to the lower ET. He also had to use longer bolts + spiggots but had to drill his bolt holes out with a 14mm drill bit.

So, the wheels will fit but you need to know the ET(offset) which will give you an idea if they will catch.

Hope this helps.

John...:ILU:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Stevo, i'm currently running Mercedes AMG 1 wheels on my T4. They are 8.5x18 ET 44 front and 9.5x18 ET 46 rear with 225/45/18 tyres which give rim protection on the front but provide a slight stretch on the rear to clear the arch. My arches are untouched and I've had no rubbing issues. My van is lowered roughly 90mm on T4srus 80mm drop springs plus their lowering spring plates. I fitted the correct spiggot rings and bought longer bolts to provide atleast 6 full turns when bolting the wheels on.

My dad is running AMG 2's which are 8x18 ET 33 with 225/45/18 tyres on his lowered 70mm T4, when loaded up his does catch slightly on the rear due to the lower ET. He also had to use longer bolts + spiggots but had to drill his bolt holes out with a 14mm drill bit.

So, the wheels will fit but you need to know the ET(offset) which will give you an idea if they will catch.

Hope this helps.

John...:ILU:
hi have you any advise or info on running 8.5x18 et 44 and 9x18 et44 rear please o tyres that are on are 235 front 265 rear thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
could anyone tell me the load weight of mercedes-benz amg wheel,s as i have caravelle swb weight plated 1430 as i understand i need wheel,s that have weight loaded at 800kg ,if anyone know of 18"wheels that fit the bill

·
Registered
130 Posts
could anyone tell me the load weight of mercedes-benz amg wheel,s as i have caravelle swb weight plated 1430 as i understand i need wheel,s that have weight loaded at 800kg ,if anyone know of 18"wheels that fit the bill
may be these no of back of wheel a220401090 and a2204012102 may help someone out there as weight load of these wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts