VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a set of 16 x7j ET 37 mercedes alloys part no a 208 401 01 02 . What i was wondering was does any one know the load rating for these wheels , is there a particular way to drill the holes out to 14mm, do i need different bolts and finally what size tyres will fit currently 50mm drop. Sorry for all the questions but need to get it right first time
cheers stevie

·
Registered
619 Posts
Just picked up a set of 16 x7j ET 37 mercedes alloys part no a 208 401 01 02 . What i was wondering was does any one know the load rating for these wheels , is there a particular way to drill the holes out to 14mm, do i need different bolts and finally what size tyres will fit currently 50mm drop. Sorry for all the questions but need to get it right first time
cheers stevie
Ive just won a set of these off ebay and i was wondering the same things lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
Got my wheels through today checked them over and has 97 engraved on them so this equates to a load rating of 730kg per wheel, this IMO is plenty as after checking my manual the unlaiden weight including driver is 1655kg and the Permissable GVW (gross vehicle weight?) is 2650kg and the combined axle loads are 2630. So 4x 730kg = 2920kg.
So as long as you get tyres with a load rating of this or higher IMO everything should be OK, even a load rating of 95 on tyre would be OK as this still gives an overall weight rating of 2760 (690kg per tyre)

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Got my wheels through today checked them over and has 97 engraved on them so this equates to a load rating of 730kg per wheel, this IMO is plenty as after checking my manual the unlaiden weight including driver is 1655kg and the Permissable GVW (gross vehicle weight?) is 2650kg and the combined axle loads are 2630. So 4x 730kg = 2920kg.
So as long as you get tyres with a load rating of this or higher IMO everything should be OK, even a load rating of 95 on tyre would be OK as this still gives an overall weight rating of 2760 (690kg per tyre)
Hi
97 on a wheel doesnt give a load rating thats only for tyres ,
You work out the loading on the heighest axle weight divided by 2 (this is on the vin plate )
Not the total van weight divided by 4 .

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi
97 on a wheel doesnt give a load rating thats only for tyres ,
You work out the loading on the heighest axle weight divided by 2 (this is on the vin plate )
Not the total van weight divided by 4 .
Cheers paul20v I have searched high and low on the web to try and find out how to find out the load rating of a wheel so when i saw the 97 I though Eureka!!! . Do you have any idea how I can find out the load rating/ will it be on the wheel somewhere?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Cheers paul20v I have searched high and low on the web to try and find out how to find out the load rating of a wheel so when i saw the 97 I though Eureka!!! . Do you have any idea how I can find out the load rating/ will it be on the wheel somewhere?
Hi bud
The only person who seemed to have info on merc wheel weights was JefeDeMaquinas
He hasnt been on here for a couple of weeks thou
I would definately pm him thou
What wheels are they theres lots being used on here
Oem wheels dont in general have wheel weight on as the manufacturer knows so there capabilities and fits accordingly
Sorry couldnt be more help T:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi bud
The only person who seemed to have info on merc wheel weights was JefeDeMaquinas
He hasnt been on here for a couple of weeks thou
I would definately pm him thou
What wheels are they theres lots being used on here
Oem wheels dont in general have wheel weight on as the manufacturer knows so there capabilities and fits accordingly
Sorry couldnt be more help T:
Ok paul20v thanks for your help anyway will send him a PM

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as i can tell the part number is for a c class
215 55 16 load rated 97 for the front
225 55 16 load rated 99 for the rear
seems to be the way to go (thanks si)
just bored mine out to 14mm and fitted spigot rings
should have them on just after the holidays
if you don't mind me asking what was the final bid ?
Stevie

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got mine bin for 80 plus postage before that I got outbid on a set which had been painted gloss black with a silver rim they went for about 180 I will be painting mine the same as they looked really good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts