VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has come to our attention that when the auto renewal of subs happens it doesn't upgrade your account to that of a subscribed member. It has something to do with the switch over from FWK Publishing (the previous owners) and Verticlescope (the current owners) and the link between the old paypal account and forum not gelling very well.

Can I ask that all current subscribed members (EXCEPT THOSE WHO HAVE PAID AFTER 14-07-15) log in to your paypal account, and follow the below guidance to cancel the payment to the forum.

Method 1:
Click the Profile icon next to "Log out."
Click Preapproved Payments under "Payment settings."
Click the agreement from the list.
Click Cancel Automatic Billing at the top of the page.

Method 2:
Click Profile near the top of the page.
Select My money.
In the "My pre-approved payments" section, click Update.
Select the agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.

When you notice that your subscription has expired if you wish to renew it please go to your control panel which is in the tabs at the top left between "Home" and "FAQ", scroll down on the left to "Paid Subscriptions" which is under "Miscellaneous" and proceed to set up a new membership. T:

If for any reason you havn't done the above and paypal pay the forum and you don't get your subscribed member status and permissions then please PM Adminvs and they will arrange a refund for you so you can re-subscribe via your control panel.

Hope that helps

The moderating Team :ILU:

·
Literally, white van man
4,068 Posts
T: Thanks for that, When my subscription runs out do I just go through the forum and keep the same details when I 'subscribe'?

Chris (the stupid one):)

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
My membership was due for renewal on 1st Feb, so I checked PayPal to see if the details were as you've shown above. As it said the business name was VerticalScope and the next payment was to be made on Feb 1st, I left it alone. I checked again on Feb 2nd and found that my £10 had been paid by PayPal. The trouble is I seem to have lost all membership privileges since Feb 1st and now can't send or receive any private messages and can't post to classifieds. I've sent Vertical Scope 3 emails and not had a reply to one! I don't suppose you could give them a kick up the proverbial could you, please Chippy?

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My membership was due for renewal on 1st Feb, so I checked PayPal to see if the details were as you've shown above. As it said the business name was VerticalScope and the next payment was to be made on Feb 1st, I left it alone. I checked again on Feb 2nd and found that my £10 had been paid by PayPal. The trouble is I seem to have lost all membership privileges since Feb 1st and now can't send or receive any private messages and can't post to classifieds. I've sent Vertical Scope 3 emails and not had a reply to one! I don't suppose you could give them a kick up the proverbial could you, please Chippy?
Thats what i was trying to say in my first post dude, it doesn't link to the forum when renewing, so you needed to cancel the subscription and re-do it through the forum, then it links just fine :)

If you can PM the transaction ID I'll get it sorted T:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Thank you (and for editing the number) T:

Fingers crossed they'll get the message this time. I'd like to know why they can't be bothered answering emails. I'd ask them but doubt I'd hear back I:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hi, can someone help please, missed this post so payment was taken, now can't send any messages, what do I need to do next to get things sorted???

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
That's what I'm trying to say, I've paid my subscription, but it's not linked to my account.
Would it just be easier to pay the subscription again so I can contact admin to refind my first payment through vertical scope?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
It sounds like you're having the same trouble I had. They took your money and disabled your membership benefits. T4Chippy gave them a prod in the right direction for me and they finally answered an email I'd sent nearly a month earlier. The address on the reply was:

[email protected]

It might be worth you using that address. Good luck T:

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I've just had a look and it seems that it is another company owned/operated by Vertical Scope. I originally used the 'Contact us' tab that's at the foot of each page on the forum to contact them, and that autoguide address was the one showing when they did eventually reply. I know Vertical Scope own a number of forums, so I'd imagine that autoguide deal with all support problems. Just make sure you give them as much information as possible including the PayPal payment reference number, assuming you used PayPal to make the payment.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts