VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happyhappyhappy:) front seats at last:db

half leather out of a mg zs very good condition just need some advice on fitting in our t4 panel van at the mo we have the standard doulbe passenger seat set up,,i know ive to build the passenger side up eg with steel but any other tips greatfully received many thanks RickT::)

·
Registered
108 Posts
happyhappyhappy:) front seats at last:db

half leather out of a mg zs very good condition just need some advice on fitting in our t4 panel van at the mo we have the standard doulbe passenger seat set up,,i know ive to build the passenger side up eg with steel but any other tips greatfully received many thanks RickT::)
How much did you pay for these if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much did you pay for these if you dont mind me asking?

dont mind at all mate:)

they still smell of nice new leather mint condition bar a tiny little nik which is on the fabric but we will getting those sections replaced at some point for a personal flavour choice

£50 bargain i think:db

i will put some pics on once there fittedT:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I fitted MGZS seats in mine all you need is a single VW seat base, and enough steel to make four ski's to put the new seats on. Make sure you get 3mm-5mm thick x 65mm each ski needs to be about 18-20in in length, just bolt to the existing base to extend the width and bolt your new seats on top. 2-4 hours work I:

These seat do sit a couple of inches taller so you may find them a tight fit unless your a shorty like me :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fitted MGZS seats in mine all you need is a single VW seat base, and enough steel to make four ski's to put the new seats on. Make sure you get 3mm-5mm thick x 65mm each ski needs to be about 18-20in in length, just bolt to the existing base to extend the width and bolt your new seats on top. 2-4 hours work I:

These seat do sit a couple of inches taller so you may find them a tight fit unless your a shorty like me :D
,,,lol yeah we are not tallies:) eitherLOL:,,,, i was thinking about using some large/short ish lengths if that makes sence steel box sections think ive seen it on here somewhere,,chap used i think say 2" by 10"+ sections laid on there sides & bolted them to the floor then the seat "Passenger one" to that,,if i remember he used reno people carry vehicle type seat:dunno:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Do a search on 'Show us your Seats'. The is a big thread on different seats and what needs doing to make them fit.

·
Registered
403 Posts
,,,lol yeah we are not tallies:) eitherLOL:,,,, i was thinking about using some large/short ish lengths if that makes sence steel box sections think ive seen it on here somewhere,,chap used i think say 2" by 10"+ sections laid on there sides & bolted them to the floor then the seat "Passenger one" to that,,if i remember he used reno people carry vehicle type seat:dunno:
Sounds like Jarvo,s build here
T:T:

·
Registered
327 Posts
yes there mine its 4" box section, fitted with renault espace seats and swivels you can also buy plastic caps to fit the ends went straight through mot no problem
regards jarvo

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks matey ive sorted it,,,,feels strange driving in a seat that proper holds you in,,,,,really good fit both to you & in the vanT:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts