VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave my 1.9 td a bit of a tweak. Turned the fuel screw up 1/4 turn clockwise. And turned up the turbo boost by three full turns which resulted in 8 psi at full revs. Changed the oil to fully synthetic but left the EGR alone.

Just done 3,500 miles around France, Monaco and Italy and what an improvement. It's not like a sports car from the lights but handles long hills much better, no more dropping to 3rd or even 2nd. Actually accelerates up hill in 4th and 5th. Even coming over the alps was way better than I expected. Ok on some off the hairpins when you lost all your speed on the corner then had to hammer up a hill I was in 2nd at times but still. Engine ticks over at slightly higher revs but not really noticable and best of all my fuel consumption has actually improved significantly :) Maybe because I'm spending more time in higher gears.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fitted the boost gauge just to make sure that I didn't over tune it, as I wanted to keep reliability, but reckon know I will remove it as it was only a cheapy, and while it works OK it makes a noise like an angry wasp in a tin when doing over 60mph, drove me mad for the 1st thousand miles or so until I got used to it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like the link is only for registered members. Well worth a tenner though as link has detailed photos that anyone can follow

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Fitted the boost gauge just to make sure that I didn't over tune it, as I wanted to keep reliability, but reckon know I will remove it as it was only a cheapy, and while it works OK it makes a noise like an angry wasp in a tin when doing over 60mph, drove me mad for the 1st thousand miles or so until I got used to it.
Get a small piece of copper pipe and crimp the middle, cut hose and attach each end of hose to the crimped pipe to slow the flow and stop that annoying rattle,..... works a treat...:D.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
ive done 6000 miles now since project power ie fuel screw,wound turbo out and egr blank,k&n air filter,van has been great and has just flown through mot with no advisories just got a de cat pipe and im fitting that on thursday next is the intercooler she does 95 mph easily now T:T:T: and is as fast as my m8s 2.5 on the motor ways T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts