My experience is described here http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=960113Any experiences from members who have done this themselves?
- How big a deal was it?
- How many hours did it take?
- Did it require any special tools?
- Were there any pitfalls to avoid?
- Are there aftermarket belts and/or pumps available? (bearing in mind that VW doesn't make their own belts in the first place)
- Was the Haynes manual any good for it?
- Is it worth changing the tensioner at the same time?
Any experiences from members who have had this done?
- Did you use a VW garage or other?
- What sort of price was it all?
- Anything to look out for as proof that they actually did it? (since you can't really see the new belt and water pump once it has all been closed back up).