VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking they were the best I ordered one for my 2009 T5 SWB 2.5 174 through Demon Tweeks. I waited 2 months for it to arrive into demon Tweeks and upon fitting discovered it didn't come with the front section which is about a meter long, the section that meets up with the DPF.

Thinking this was wrong I complained to DT and Milltek with phone calls and emails with pictures only to be told that's the way it is! A 2/3rd system for the price of a full system meaning that I have to leave the mild steel section in with DT Offering to make that piece up for me but costing another £100.

Milltek were adamant that's all they were offering and I said that they should make it be very clear on their website that they are not providing a full system as it's very misleading and unfair.

As you can see it only reaches to half way down the van.

Another issue I had was with the so called 'discrete tailpipe' which it definitely isn't. I was expecting it to be like the original, flush with the heat shield but they've been lazy and made it so low that you can attach a visible twin tail pipe instead without them having to make a different rear section

Looks terrible in my opinion and will have to be sorted.

So my advice is do not buy a Milltek exhaust as it's not complete and definitely not discreet!

·
Super Moderator
9,050 Posts
I have a spare turn down pipe if you want me to send it over..I have a 67mm and I think a 63mm :) it might make it better

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean Festa? The plan is to cut rear section back and make an upturn to tuck tail piece in and weld tip on instead of clamp, It's 2.75inch diameter.

·
Super Moderator
9,050 Posts
2.75" I think is around 70mm which means the bits I have are not big enough. Have you a link to the advert that may help others not make the same mistake :) I have a ppt at the moment but its going to be on borrowed time as I don't no whether to cut it up and alter it or scrap it and remake my own from 76mm, that's why I have some spare turn downs T:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts