VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how easy are mini seats to fit?
do they go straight in or do you have to modify?
show us some pics of some fitted please,thanks.T:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello mate, I'm currently on with mine, got the passenger fitted just the drivers to do. The rails are the same width as the T5 ones and the front nuts fit ok. The problem comes at the back. On the runner closest to the handbrake you have to snap the top part of the runner stop off then drill a new hole in the runner so you can use the original fixing. The problem comes on the other side as the runner is shorter, I still have to figure it out as just drilling a hole in the base and using a nut & bolt isn't an option as it's not in a reinforced part. I'm going to try to make some sort of tab to do the job.

Pics to follow.

A good friend of mine has them fitted onto Rib swivels that just bolt in without doing anything due them having various holes....will be getting some as soon as I've got rid of my CaptainsI:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Just an update, fitted them today. Had to drill another hole in the base and have made a tab underneath with some thick tie in plate fro Wikes-only a temp measure as I'm going to put them of Rib swivels when £$ allows.

Just need a good vac and clean up now.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Looking good budT:

Whats the going rate for a decent pair of these seats?
Did you manage to get the Caravelle table sorted?

I've got £110 in them but I ended up buying two seats of seats. The forts set cast me £56 which were Cooper S ones in the trim on the pic but they had classic mini seat rails welded on. I decided it was easyier to get another set which cost me £54 and I swapped the foam, covers and plastics over to make a good set. I'm going to sell the others, the airbags alone go for £40 eachA:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello mate, I'm currently on with mine, got the passenger fitted just the drivers to do. The rails are the same width as the T5 ones and the front nuts fit ok. The problem comes at the back. On the runner closest to the handbrake you have to snap the top part of the runner stop off then drill a new hole in the runner so you can use the original fixing. The problem comes on the other side as the runner is shorter, I still have to figure it out as just drilling a hole in the base and using a nut & bolt isn't an option as it's not in a reinforced part. I'm going to try to make some sort of tab to do the job.

I've fitted mini seats in my T5, NOT sure why you altered your seat rail pal :* its far safer to use the origanal seat rail holes and re drill the seat base, just make sure you back it with a thick M8 washer or plate and nylock nut on the under side of the seat base. Ive got a swizel plate on the passanger side happy days T:

I'll put some pics on

·
Registered
621 Posts
I was going to drill the bases rather than the rail-but when I looked under the base it was clear that there was a lot of reinforcing at the corners-where the VW seats naturally bolt. Whereas where I would have been drilling new holes, bolting and washering it was just into the this ish metal on the top of the base. I've ended up doing one of each, the inner rail-closest to the handbrake or should I more importantly say seat belt fastener is into the original and in my opinion strong VW fixing, the other I have drilled the base and put some plate in behind it.

I'm no expert, I dare say the top of the base would hold but thought it best to try to use the VW tested option.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Its all good, just think its better to re-inforce the new hole on the base with a thick M8 washer or steel plate rather than alter the seat rail. Its good all good to trade ideas T:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Did you manage to get the Caravelle table sorted?

I've got £110 in them but I ended up buying two seats of seats. The forts set cast me £56 which were Cooper S ones in the trim on the pic but they had classic mini seat rails welded on. I decided it was easyier to get another set which cost me £54 and I swapped the foam, covers and plastics over to make a good set. I'm going to sell the others, the airbags alone go for £40 eachA:
Still on the look out for the table not in a rush waiting till a bargain pops up missed a belter a few weeks ago £120 for a new one :(

Good price for seatsT: food for thought:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts