VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dubbers

I removed all the dash panels to install electrical systems in the van and also to soundproof and insulate under the dash.

However, muppet brain here has LOST a small panel. We have hunted everywhere but its gone.
Can anyone please give me the part number or correct description to find a replacement? Tried all the usual 'dash panel etc with no luck.

It is the panel indicated below the glove box. The van is a 2005. Cheers
Hood Automotive mirror Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Steering wheel

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG I know they want £60 for one from a scrappy! However I have a wonderful 'home DIY plastic called 'POLYMORPH' that you put in boiling water then you can mould it into any shape. I might see if I cn make a new panel. Im angry as it is such a small panel to miss and i believe I accidentally threw itout during a dump run :(
HOWEVER as theres no airbag fitted, I may make a small cubby hole/ map storage slot here to mae it look a bit better.

Strange as when I took all the dash apart I never even FOUND an airbag here or any place for it to plug in? So I guess in 2005 they werent fitted? Anyone confirm this please?

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
It's ridiculous! They're just jumping on the VW hype train and charging too much!
A cubby hole does sound good with the space you have available there!
I did another search and found this.
Output device Font Automotive tire Motor vehicle Cameras & optics

After thinking about that, I've only got the drivers and the passengers airbag!
Crazy that they were optional extras whereas now, all cars have them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts