VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I have no experience with mechanics, get that out of the way now. So, can anyone please identify this part for me and tell me if it should have more hoses attached to it at the red areas ( my assumption is YES! ) and where the hose should connect to? It's on a T5 2.5 TDI 2009. This part is directly down behind the oil filler cap. Our thoughts are that it's part of the exhaust system .
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Automotive wheel system

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone has bypassed the egr cooler assembly, in the pic to the right of the right pipe. Coolers are normally bypassed as a result of excessive pressure in the cooling system as the can fail and let gasses into the coolant.
The pipe on the right will go to the right outlet and the other side of the joiner should somehow go to the left but depends how it's been bypassed as to what you need to do

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Thanks for replying gtijames! So is bypassing the egr cooler "safe"? A relative has only just bought this a few days ago and I'm weighing up whether to force the seller to refund lol!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts