VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the Golf Mk 4 or 5 seats will fit into a T5?
Looking at getting some captain seats but only seem to be expensive ones, wondering if anybody has fitted other models in?

Any help would be great
Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mk5 seats should as they have runners that sit flat on the floor, although it depends on where the runners sit in relation to the T5 seat bases.

Mk4 seats will be harder to fit as they do not have flat floor runners, they have two small casters that sit in sliders which make up the Mk4 floor. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,
Yes it's possible to get Mk5 seats into a T5, i've got GTI ones in mine.
The only thing is that the Mk5 runners are slightly wider than the T5 seat bases....so i got 4 strips of 8mm flat sec steel about 80/100mm wide and wide enough to span between the Mk5 runners and their holes, mounted the new pieces of metal to the seat bases, using original mounting holes where possible, then mounted the runners/seat to the now wider seat base.
Made that sound quite easy, however it is a bit of a fiddle to get it looking neat and as if it came like that from the factory...
You could weld to the seat base, i used big bolts though in case i want to change it at any point in the future. Whatever you do though make sure it is strong!!.

Also the drivers seat needs aligning towards the door (so hanging over one side of the seat base) so that when you sit in the seat the steering wheel is central!!

hope that helps...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tried some Mk4 GTi seats in my T5 and they run on a 3 track system and are a pig to fit. I'm sure with alot of patience, steel and sheer bloody determination they'd fit.........I'd go for Mk5 seats!!!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts