VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
The time has come to finally off load the Mk1 and allow someone else to make better use of it than I. Basically with the T4 and me getting old the Mk1 is just sitting there collecting dust and needs to be driven!!!

1985 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign
owned last 10 years and dry stored last 5 of them. never been driven in the winter since i've owned it and always lovingly cleaned regularly.
All Campaign refinements apart from the wheels and decals. Has the Twin headlamp Grille (although this is not on the car at the moment, but is included in sale), sports seats (very good condition, bolsters showing only slight wear), Steel sunroof, dimpled door pulls, Green tint windows.

Extras - Midland VW rebuilt engine a few years ago and has only done less than 1000 since.
It is now a 1900 with, high lift cam, ported / polished re-conditioned head, Mk2 sump and oil cooler, basically i spent the cash in trying to make it bullet proof for another 20 years. Also has SS exhaust, coilovers, Dubsport strenthened wishbones, chrome trim on outside, chrome wiper arms, chrome door pulls and sunroof winder. Quickshift fitted and also had the gear selector bushes replaces by Midland VW. Even has the cardboard fuse / relay box cover which is a very rare piece of cardboard nowadays

Sat on steel wheels as i've sold the ones in the pictures.

extras include various grilles, solid set of doors and tailgate, new discs and pads still boxed and loads of bits and pieces along with a Mk2 tilt and slide sunroof and spare campaign glass.

Issues - not a lot but, the battery is dead as much as i tried to keep it alive, its very very dead, slight oil leak ( think its coming from the oil cooler gasket), rear arches are going, but due to the fact that it's never been out in the rain they are still the same state they were in 10 years ago, not that you can see the rust as its mainly on the underside and the plastic arches cover any bubbling which is minimal.

Stored in the garage at my house in Winsford, Cheshire - (M6 J16) SORN, so no tax or MOT, went straight through the last MOT

£2200 ono
If serious PM me
Cheers Jason F

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, no, didn't sell. Not been pushing it as not in a rush to sell and as the sun is starting to creep out i keep thinking to myself, 'shall i just keep it as it looks bloody awesome???' :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts