VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they have used the actual mk2 sharan rear calipers on the t4 and not just the carriers and disks. My standard calipers are shot and ive got the full rear set up, I was going todo them when i did fronts at the weekend but the routing and mounting for the flexi is different standard is bottom the sharan is top. Realy i want to use these ones as there in excellent nick than go buy some new t4 ones. thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they have used the actual mk2 sharan rear calipers on the t4 and not just the carriers and disks. My standard calipers are shot and ive got the full rear set up, I was going todo them when i did fronts at the weekend but the routing and mounting for the flexi is different standard is bottom the sharan is top. Realy i want to use these ones as there in excellent nick than go buy some new t4 ones. thanks for the help in advance
Could it be as simple as swapping them side for side so the sharan ones are at the bottom?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that, But the thing is the hand brake cable is on the opposite side, so that would need routing over the back axle instead of under and i dont no the rules and regs for the MOT in terms of how secure its all got to be

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can now confirm rears do not fit at all they are smaller than standard and they dont even line up with the rear hubs to bolt in :* waste of time that was

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm just about to whip both my rear calipers and carriers off and drop them of at big red to reconditioned as the handbrake mechanism is seized. They reconditioned a set of the vr6 front calipers. There brill and replace the piston, seals and pressure check them for leaks. Only problem is u have to and then away, wait for them to be done and then get them sent back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What i have done with mine for now was wind back the piston wire wheel all the dirt off, strip the rear handbrake mechanism off clean and wheel it. put it all back together and greased it up. Not a permanent fix but should get a little more life out of the caliper till it fully goes as it seems to have improved alot with new brake fluid run through it and bled up

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'm just about to whip both my rear calipers and carriers off and drop them of at big red to reconditioned as the handbrake mechanism is seized. They reconditioned a set of the vr6 front calipers. There brill and replace the piston, seals and pressure check them for leaks. Only problem is u have to and then away, wait for them to be done and then get them sent back.
You should be able to use your reconditioned calipers with the rear brake upgrade. As it's the same caliper but spaced away from the hub on a different carrier to allow a bigger disc to be fitted

·
Registered
472 Posts
You should be able to use your reconditioned calipers with the rear brake upgrade. As it's the same caliper but spaced away from the hub on a different carrier to allow a bigger disc to be fitted
Yeah I've already upgraded the rear discs from 280 to 294mm. Tried to do the flexi hoses to braided. Sadly one of the nuts is seized badly. Used loads of plus gas but i think the pipe is about knackered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts