VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know somebody said there was a slight difference to the T4 controls.

Was wondering if anyone had tried fitting them and had any success cos there's loads on Ebay for £20, better than paying 70 odd quid from VAG!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'd be interested in whether these work. I had seen a few on ebay - some advertised as fitting T4s. I would be lost if I didn't have to open the bonnet and turn the heater manually this winter! I:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be interested in whether these work. I had seen a few on ebay - some advertised as fitting T4s. I would be lost if I didn't have to open the bonnet and turn the heater manually this winter! I:
Ditto!Rasp:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Nope :no It was an ebay job, and they fitted straight on :ILU:

·
Registered
38 Posts
What you have there is only the control knobs. I think the original poster wants the complete control unit. Also, add me to the list of those adjusting the heating under the bonnet:*

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What you have there is only the control knobs. I think the original poster wants the complete control unit. Also, add me to the list of those adjusting the heating under the bonnet:*
Yeah, that what I meant, the bits behind the knobs.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Tried this route about a year ago........didn't work.
I have an exAA van and I snapped the little diecast arm.....same as all of the rest of you.:(

Thought I had located a cheap alternative to the £80ish from the dealer for a new control unit:cool:

The Mk4 controls will fit the dash but they are completely different around the back, from memory they connect to the cables in a completely different way.

Gave the unit away to a mate who has air con on his T4, they might fit that but I'm not sure.:ILU:

No doubt someone will be along soon to say that they do fit:confused:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same problem with my van, arm broke on the back, tried looking at various VW and Audi ones couldn't find one that fitted so made a new arm out of a couple of M3 socket head caps and a chunk of alu, works better than new now, can send on drawings if anyone want them??

·
Registered
342 Posts
Before you start using the new controls spray some lubricating oil onto the joint thingy under the bonnet. I think that is where all of my problems were before I snapped my first set of controls.:ILU:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bugger, mine came today, how come I asked the question for weeks then as soon as I pay for some to give them a try I get told they don't fit! aaarrrgggghhh!!!!

Will see if I can butcher them or take parts off to fix mine, will give it a go at the weekend.

I'd be interested in seeing your drawings too, cheers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts