VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka, cmp260
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2006 multivan there is a mobile phone holder factory fitted going through radio speakers. It works using wires not bluetooth. The label says it works with nokia 6100, 6200, 6230i, 6220, 6610i, 7210i, and 7250i. I think it might be possible to get a bluetooth linking unit that plugs in the holder so I can connect my iphone/android. However, if it exists it is bound to be expensive.

My idea:
out of all of the above nokia phones, only the 6230i has bluetooth. I buy a cheap 6230i on ebay, plug it in the holder with no sim.

Can I then enable bluetooth and link to my iphone and be able to use the iphone to make and recieve calls? i.e. use the nokia as a middleman to use the built in system with my new phone.:*

·
Registered
485 Posts
In that holder will be wires for power and speakers, what I would do is look up the pinout of the connector and check what the voltage is and adapt that to either a bluetooth receiver or an iphone cable with audio wires, just replace that holder with an iphone holder and splice the wires in.

·
aka, cmp260
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In that holder will be wires for power and speakers, what I would do is look up the pinout of the connector and check what the voltage is and adapt that to either a bluetooth receiver or an iphone cable with audio wires, just replace that holder with an iphone holder and splice the wires in.
what type of bluetooth reciever? any sugestins?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts