VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the general opinion of main dealers and warranty claims/ work on a van with mods ie lowered springs 20'' alloys etc nothing as drastic as coilover and hub mods .
are there any mod friendly dealers out there.

·
Registered
711 Posts
What is the general opinion of main dealers and warranty claims/ work on a van with mods ie lowered springs 20'' alloys etc nothing as drastic as coilover and hub mods .
are there any mod friendly dealers out there.
Mostly it tends to be that any mod made during the warrantee period will potentially void the warrantee if anything goes wrong. The only exception to this rule, that I know of, is if the mods made are using VW approved parts at a VW approved workshop.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I'm asking is because my 2012 t5 has developed the knocking steering column syndrome that lots have experienced and my front suspension is also creaking, I'm running lowered 40mm and 20's obviously they are going to blame this set up I've got steels to swap to when I take it in but what about the springs? ?

·
Registered
711 Posts
The reason I'm asking is because my 2012 t5 has developed the knocking steering column syndrome that lots have experienced and my front suspension is also creaking, I'm running lowered 40mm and 20's obviously they are going to blame this set up I've got steels to swap to when I take it in but what about the springs? ?
I'm going to assume that unless it's something completely unrelated to your 40mm drop then they won't cover it. Don't hold me to it though, you might be lucky but my experience with main dealers on a variety of vehicles is that mods void warrantee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts