VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
My Ex AA paintwork is looking pretty faded. I cannot afford a respray, so I thought a thorough mopping is in order. Being heavy handed, I wonder if anybody can recommend a good paintshop or mobile service that would be near to me (Wolverhampton) that would be prepared to do this?

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Hi all.
My Ex AA paintwork is looking pretty faded. I cannot afford a respray, so I thought a thorough mopping is in order. Being heavy handed, I wonder if anybody can recommend a good paintshop or mobile service that would be near to me (Wolverhampton) that would be prepared to do this?
i would be happy to do a mobile service mate on this..but cant always guarentee the weather at this time of year..:(

·
17,028 Posts
Cheers geezer. Thanks for the offer.
If push comes to shove, I can probably come to you, but not for a few weeks.
It would have to be a weekend though.:*
if you had somewhere under cover mate to do it i could come to you...but needs a good days work on it really to do a proper job,and then polish and wax in,with a bit of detailing to leave her all nice and shiny...:D

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you had somewhere under cover mate to do it i could come to you...but needs a good days work on it really to do a proper job,and then polish and wax in,with a bit of detailing to leave her all nice and shiny...:D
At work, there is a second unit where we store stuff, maybe do it in there. I would have to get the directors permission though. I would pay your travel expenses as well as the work, of course. T: (work is based in Stourbridge)
If this is ok, I'll ask em.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
oh ok, i'm gona be getting my van clayed soon to help get rid of all the tiny black spots :D
paint will be silky smooth afterwards aswell.then just give it a polish, then a coat or two of wax and take a step back to admire. doing the whole thing by hand is pretty hard work though. bad enough with a normal sized car.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
paint will be silky smooth afterwards aswell.then just give it a polish, then a coat or two of wax and take a step back to admire. doing the whole thing by hand is pretty hard work though. bad enough with a normal sized car.
Yeah i know that's why i'm paying someone to do it £45 for the whole van with polish and wax after :D

might look in to mopping as well for future sounds good, just never heard of it :ILU:

·
17,028 Posts
Yeah i know that's why i'm paying someone to do it £45 for the whole van with polish and wax after :D

might look in to mopping as well for future sounds good, just never heard of it :ILU:
not for the amatuer though mate the mopping..needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing,if you are using cutting compound etc...

although as aboev you cant be some hand detail work,..A:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
not for the amatuer though mate the mopping..needs to be done by someone who knows what they are doing,if you are using cutting compound etc...

although as aboev you cant be some hand detail work,..A:
noooo way i'd go near my van with any cutting compound :eek: i'd end up with a hole in my van LOL:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
noooo way i'd go near my van with any cutting compound :eek: i'd end up with a hole in my van LOL:
You'd have winced when I hit mine with 2000 grit wet n dry:eek: ( and loads of soapy water )then Matt ! :D
Got all the "shadows" from the previous owners business vinyl stickers out though. Cut, polish job done.

Done well, like Si has here on Stu's van, mopping is a great way to resto paint.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts