VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 T5 140 Highline originally a Kombi but full camper conversion by Bodens of Shrewsbury
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been browsing Reimo's website and surprised to see stuff on there that I was not aware of and probably not available in UK unless anyone knows better. e.g. They do a Superflat roof in addition to Easyfit - not sure how flat this is as no pictures of it in down position? There is also a very neat looking Clamp Lock option as an alternative to the webbing straps which I have previously posted my thoughts on as being somewhat antiquated. Also puzzled as to why there seem to be different spec roofs for vehicles with aircon. Any thoughts?www.reimo.com/en/G-van_conversions_shop/GL-vw_t5_swb/

·
Special Rapporteur
10,528 Posts
There is also a very neat looking Clamp Lock option as an alternative to the webbing straps which I have previously posted my thoughts on as being somewhat antiquated.
Do you have a link for this? Even with language set to "englisch" the navigation on Reimo's site is not that easy...

·
Premium Member
2013 T5 140 Highline originally a Kombi but full camper conversion by Bodens of Shrewsbury
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The link is as per original post. There is a menu down left side and the individual pics show the webbing strap and clamp lock options, but if you click on these there is no further information, just interior pictures. Looks an expensive option though at around 400 Euros!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Just had a look at reimo site.tablet converts some info but not enough.
roofs- roof components- spindle lock prouct no 29330 35.90€. Looks interesting, but does it replace
the bl**dy awful straps? Tad expensive but will stop me cursing every time we up sticks!:*

OLD GUYS RULEI:

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just had a look at reimo site.tablet converts some info but not enough.
roofs- roof components- spindle lock prouct no 29330 35.90€. Looks interesting, but does it replace
the bl**dy awful straps? Tad expensive but will stop me cursing every time we up sticks!:*

OLD GUYS RULEI:
This is the Clamp lock that I was referring to. Not an aftermarket replacement i'm guessing it has to be specified at outset. Wish I had known even if they are not available here as looks a damn sight better than the straps even though it is almost 400 Euros more than the strap top!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

and this one. Is it new or just not available in UK?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,528 Posts
Ah Ok - klappenverschluss, should have guessed. Actually I hadn't realised that it wasn't something that you could retro-fit, so didn't look at complete roof assemblies. As you say, a tad pricey...

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I like the straps they are their for a reason......if ur roof is up in windy conditions it stops it ripping off drrrrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
The superflat roof is actually what most of us fit as a standard reimo roof. The easyfit is a bit more like the sca roof.
if you speak to a reimo dealer you can order the roof with the catch but you may well find they prefer the strap system. It is simple, but it works and is easy to fit and adjust. I would prefer a strap system over catches anyday.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I like the straps they are their for a reason......if ur roof is up in windy conditions it stops it ripping off drrrrrrrrrr
This is a very good point. Plenty of people seem to not like the straps, but as you say, it's a bit of additional security in windy conditions.

I don't mind them, yes, they can be a bit of a faff pulling them through, but it only takes 30 seconds.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The superflat roof is actually what most of us fit as a standard reimo roof. The easyfit is a bit more like the sca roof.
if you speak to a reimo dealer you can order the roof with the catch but you may well find they prefer the strap system. It is simple, but it works and is easy to fit and adjust. I would prefer a strap system over catches anyday.
Do you know why they offer a different roof for Airconditioned vehicles? They look the same and are same price. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Hi - I have a pop up roof, which I assume is a copy, and the straps have concerned me as the roof vibrates at speed and this has loosened the straps a little. I have thought about all types of catches & toggles for added peace of mind but have been put off by how industrial they might look and how they might protrude.

The straps are useful in controlling the roof and do give added strength when up (in tension) so I came up with the idea of using black zip ties - in addition to the straps - when in transit. They fit around the existing fittings, are very strong, easy to tighten, are inexpensive and are almost invisible when snipped back. You do of course need to carry a small pair of snips to release them when you get to your destination and have a few spares to replace them with.

So zip ties are my solution........

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hi - I have a pop up roof, which I assume is a copy, and the straps have concerned me as the roof vibrates at speed and this has loosened the straps a little. I have thought about all types of catches & toggles for added peace of mind but have been put off by how industrial they might look and how they might protrude.

The straps are useful in controlling the roof and do give added strength when up (in tension) so I came up with the idea of using black zip ties - in addition to the straps - when in transit. They fit around the existing fittings, are very strong, easy to tighten, are inexpensive and are almost invisible when snipped back. You do of course need to carry a small pair of snips to release them when you get to your destination and have a few spares to replace them with.

So zip ties are my solution........
That's interesting, mine doesn't shake, shimmy or ever come loose, at all. Mines an Austops, yours?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts