VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy im looking for sum advice on getting more pulling power on my swb 88bhp t4, i use it for towing my camper tralier and bikes in the back of van with my wife + kid , so with all this added it ca get preeerttty slooow on the hills of devon and cornwall! Have read threads on power gains as remap, de cat , intercooler etc but dont know what to start with as money is a problem!! dont have an endless supply of it u know wha i mean!! have to do it n stages as money comes long, hope u can help many thanks tone:ILU:T:

·
Registered
39 Posts
its something i'd be interested in knowing aswell... i got an intercooler fitted but dunno what the effects of that are as it came attached when i purchased the van

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
come along to the meet wednesday 7pm audio sport cardrew ind est.
can have a chat about options:ILU:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bit far for me to come along to meet,3 hour drive!:eek: i live just outside bath. Anyway is the best idea to uprate power is to start by getting intercooler then injecters then a remap??:confused:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
You aint gonna be pullin too many of the laydees with the wife and kidz on board.. so maybe you need to think about loosing them to increase your chances. I think your pullin powers may also increase if you ditch the bike racks and trailer too.. most chicks don't really dig em.

Maybe think about re-naming your van the passion wagon and go for some shagpile carpet. The laydees love the shagpile.:cool: Maybe a velour interior may help but you can do the interior out in velour as money becomes available. A good tip is some flowery decals down the side as it shows you are in touch with your feminine side (this 'll drive them wild!!)..

Im sure there'll be some more useful suggestions along pretty soon.

·
Registered
374 Posts
In terms of cheaper mods you could go for a K&N filter, or induction kit. If you can afford it then it's worth putting the money into a remap as your primary upgrade, plus an exhaust.....should bring the power! If you wanted even more then an injector upgrade will do the business. I'm sure the guys on here will tell you a heap load more :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In terms of cheaper mods you could go for a K&N filter, or induction kit. If you can afford it then it's worth putting the money into a remap as your primary upgrade, plus an exhaust.....should bring the power! If you wanted even more then an injector upgrade will do the business. I'm sure the guys on here will tell you a heap load more :)
thanks for that info, got sum idea on where to start now!! last post funnyH:, wife would kill me if i tryed to turn it into a passion wagon!!:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cooljock's got no pulling power anyway, hes an ugly mother ******lol:lol:

Ps cooljock
you need to get a paint job first

hahahhahhahhalol:lol:lol:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts